Screwed by Team Shinoda

SNAKESWINGER

Established Member
Just thought I'd let you guys know of my recent experience with Team Shinoda.

On March 10th I called Team Shinoda in Florida to place an order for an 03 Cobra front chin spoiler and an 03 Cobra Hurst Shifter with boot and Shifter bezel. I spoke with James Klok directly and he told me that the shifter was in stock and the chin spoiler would be able to ship the following week. I said great and gave him my credit card number to charge the $626.00. Yes expensive but these were the pieces.

Well after 2 weeks nothing showed up so I started calling and leaving messages, no one ever returned my messages however the 2nd day of calling James Klock picked up the phone, I told him who I was and that I was calling to inquire about my order. After about 2 minutes of him shuffling thru papers he said "here it is, yes your spoiler is right here in front of me ready to ship" I said what about the shifter, he said " thats not in yet" I said what do you mean?, when I placed the order you said you had those in stock. He says "I meant I had the chrome shifter handle in stock not the actual shifter itself" I said "oh yeah well when is that supposed to be in", he says "it should be in any day, they should have been here already, If it doesnt come in soon I can just get you a different bottom a Steeda or something similar." I said "ok when will you ship the spoiler he says it will go out today."

Well 2 more weeks go by and nothing. Now a month has passed. So I check my credit card and of course it ($626.00) was billed to my card the day I ordered it.So I start calling again and no one returns my calls or E-mails on th 4th day of calling I decide to keep calling all day until someone picks up the phone, well after about 2 hours of constant calling he finally picks up the phone. I explain who I am and inquire about my order, after the same paper shuffling as the first time he says " wait a minute your order was just shipped, wait ,whats your name? Oh no yours isnt done yet that one went to someone else in your area" I said "Listen you told me a month ago that the shifter was in stock and the spoiler would ship in 1 week so far nothing is in stock or ready to ship so rather than let this drag on any farther could you just credit my account back the $626.00 and I'll call or call me when you have the stuff on the shelf as implied on your internet site." He says ok so I asked when will you credit my account back , he said he would do it today or tomorrow, Well that was April 11th so far no credit to my account, no parts, and no one will answer the phone or E-mails at his place of business. James Klock has been nothing but dishonest and misleading to me and I would advise anyone else thinking of dealing with Team Shinoda or Renegade Performance in Florida to beware

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I hope you get your stuff, but what made you choose shinoda? I have not been following there products, but I didn't even know they had anything worth while for the cobra??? I didn't think they were really offering anything, except some stuff for GT's.

hotrod03

Resident Law Student
Established Member
How many miles from Maryland to Florida?? I say you go pay that guy a little visitand work this shit out in person.

rsom1

Established Member
Have you contacted your credit card company? I would call and dispute the charges. Tell them everything that you told us. They should credit you the money back, until the dispute is resolved. That's one of the services that they are supposed to provide. My experience is that they are usually good about taking the consumer's side.

Good Luck!

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Couldn't you contact the Better Business Bureau?

SlipNslide281

Established Member
Hopefully Shinoba will see this thread and see that us guys stick together and that there losing more business than they think. tell you the best guy I have bought my parts from is Mario with Stricklymotorsports. he has brought me parts to my front door personaly. :)

SonicMike

Established Member
I ordered the chin spoiler from them. They charged my card on March 13th. No response to emails. I sent them a private message today to inform them I was having my credit card company handle the matter. They are on the Corral message boards.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Sorry to hear about how sh*tty they like to do business, that is definitely one place that will never get a cent from me. I would call your CC co and have them dispute it as well as contact the BBB and see if there is anything else you can do about it.

Fang

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I am planning on doing some mods soon an I will definately not use them. It's good to have areas like this that can warn others of these shithole companies.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Larry Shinoda must be rolling over in his grave right about now...

rmoreau

Established Member
Wow...thank you for the heads up!

I was considering ordering that chin spoiler too! Looks cool, but not worth the hassle. I wonder if I can just order it direct from Renegade?

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread