Screamin' Deamon Coil Packs

shaolinmonk777

Established Member
Screamin' Demon Coil Packs

Hi, im going to be buying these and livewires soon and i was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has any problems with this set up. Also im currently running autolite 764s and wanted to see if i needed to get different plugs. Thanks

Last edited:

shaolinmonk777

Established Member
One more question I have a x-cal 2 program on the car would I have to get it reprogramed or would it work good without it. Thanks

IamBamm

DoublePumptheFootFeed
Established Member
Screamin' Demon Coil Packs.....I've got 'em

I use Distributor Performance Screamin' Demon coil packs/Livewires on my '97...I thought as u did, "Maybe a bigger spark would be better.." I ultimately bought the set because my "left-side"(?) coil pack was damaged....and, seeing how I used the Screamin' Demon/Livewires on my '88 5.0 and they DEFINITELY made a difference, I figured there would be a similar "noticible" improvement on my '97. So, I did a little research (after the purchase?!), and found varied opinions...good, bad, and "eh." Either way, I've got 'em, they work, and the Livewires look tough in blue. I read "somewhere" on a ignition review of different products, the reviewer didn't have much to say about this product. So, I scrounged around and finally found the damn page. My advice: Don't just buy, research and compare...but still make sure they look killer.

Here's the page:
http://www.jpispace.com/mw_faq/spark_boost_and_ignition.htm

shaolinmonk777

Established Member
IamBamm said:
I use Distributor Performance Screamin' Demon coil packs/Livewires on my '97...I thought as u did, "Maybe a bigger spark would be better.." I ultimately bought the set because my "left-side"(?) coil pack was damaged....and, seeing how I used the Screamin' Demon/Livewires on my '88 5.0 and they DEFINITELY made a difference, I figured there would be a similar "noticible" improvement on my '97. So, I did a little research (after the purchase?!), and found varied opinions...good, bad, and "eh." Either way, I've got 'em, they work, and the Livewires look tough in blue. I read "somewhere" on a ignition review of different products, the reviewer didn't have much to say about this product. So, I scrounged around and finally found the damn page. My advice: Don't just buy, research and compare...but still make sure they look killer.

Here's the page:
http://www.jpispace.com/mw_faq/spark_boost_and_ignition.htm
Thanks for the info. I still think ill get them. Im thinking about blue also.

Mongofast

NX Crazy
Established Member
I bought my car used and it hand stock everything except flowmasters and accel coils. stock wires and plugs. It had a bad like stumble and what felt like timing retarding or fuel shortage above 4k. so i bought it figuring clogged filter or bad plugs and wires. after money spent it was still there. Im a mechanic and ran tests on 02's,fuel, and such all top of the standard. was stumped. Now the weather is hot and when i drive in hot weather for long periods something fails fast like theres no spark or somethin and motor stops and wont run until the motor cools for like 20mins or more. thought the accel coils were good cause it looked like some tried to fix the prob with coils but all i can think is left is bad performance coils. No its not the IMRC's. anyone had similar issues? :fm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread