Scratched radio face plate from the factory???

ArabianOak

Established Member
I noticed this on my 2012 GT as well, but does anybody else have a very badly scratched faceplate on there stereo? The clear piece that goes over the information for the station and whatnot...Mine came with a pull off protective cover and was scratched underneath when it was brand new!

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this...I will take some pics and post...

jdcobra

Established Member
No but when I went to install my short throw shifter the head was missing on the top left bolt and the bottom left bolt was stripped -_-

cloud9

Established Member
I noticed this on my 2012 GT as well, but does anybody else have a very badly scratched faceplate on there stereo? The clear piece that goes over the information for the station and whatnot...Mine came with a pull off protective cover and was scratched underneath when it was brand new!

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this...I will take some pics and post...
Yea I noticed it on mine too. Two deep scratches vertically in the face. However, it pales compared to the carnage on my front clip from passing so many Porsches. My windshield has 3 rock chips that have been repaired, but the overall surface is so sandblasted it looks white in the right light. :burnout:

LindsayEOD

Established Member
Had the same thing happen on my '10 GT. I told the dealer about it and they said it must have been me when I cleaned it. I never got it fixed and eventually sold the car. It bugged me every time I looked at it.

Users who are viewing this thread