scratch and chip on bumper...need help

DontGetBit

The Dynasty has begun....
Established Member
I thought I would post this after seeing Spree's accident with his back bumper and how he saved it. I have a deep scratch and a few chips on my front bumper. I know that is needs either some touch up paint or to be repainted. Here are the pics.

1638frontbumperchip.jpg

1638frontbumperscratch.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to repair or make this look better?

tistan

Established Member
My buddy paints cars for a living and I have a similar problem on my front cover. I don't really have time to pull the cover and take it to him for painting. He told me that he could put touch up paint on it then wetsand and buff the touch up paint and I would never know it was there. My lightning is black and I hate the way the scratch holds wax and becomes even more odvious.

DontGetBit

The Dynasty has begun....
Established Member
The scratch is pretty deep and all the way through the paint. I do not know how it got there but it is down into the bumper cover. The chips were there when I bought the car, but the dealer gave me a little better deal. They also were going to have a chip on my trade in that was much worse and on the metal quarter panel. I guess I need to get some sand paper and touch up paint. Do you know the part number for the paint? What sand paper should I use? I have some SSR2.5 and SSR1 on the way from SMP. Thanks for the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread