Schumacher returns to F1!

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
This is basically a reunion of the Ferrari team that dominated in years past.

‘Stig’ to race for Merc « Formula 1 Blog – BBC Top Gear

It’s a strange coincidence that the current series of Top Gear is about to finish in a couple of weeks, and Mercedes GP have just announced that Michael Schumacher will be racing for them in F1 next season.
Hmmmm…
Anyway, Schumacher is back, on a three-year deal with the former Brawn/now Merc Formula 1 squad – which is frankly something of an epic early Christmas present for us all.
He’ll be racing alongside fellow German Nico Rosberg, and will reunite with his former Ferrari boss Ross Brawn, who runs the show at Merc, and with who Schumacher won a few races or something in the old days like.
It will be the first time Big Schu will have raced in F1 since his ‘retirement’ at the end of 2006, although he nearly came back earlier this year to stand-in for the injured Felipe Massa at Ferrari.
It was only a neck injury – one sustained during a motorbike race – that kept Big from the Prancing Horse cockpit that time, but that all healed and OK’d by doctors recently, so a way back to racing was a go.
As soon as Merc failed to retain current World Champion Jenson Button for next year, Big Schu became the favourite, with the most high-profile rumour monger being that of BBC Sport’s Eddie Jordan – which is a worry, ‘cos it now looks like he knows what he’s talking about.
So, the Big Mac’s back. Will he be quick? Will he be really quick? Will he regret it this time next year? How nervous are the other drivers feeling? How gutted is Nico Rosberg feeling right now?
These and many other things you are free to discuss below…

THE_STIG

Established Member
Oh Jesus Christ, I am NOT Micheal Schumacher but I am very happy to see him return to F1, it's where he belongs. I bet Ferrari is not happy to see their #1 Test Driver and Top Advisor racing for another team.

Last edited:

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
It saddens me to see Schumy not going to Ferrari. But I was very pleased to see that Ferrari signed Alonso. Something tells me Ferrari will have a good season, next year.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I was really hoping to root for team USF1 but with Schuey coming back this could end up badly for them.

I know they are running a Cosworth Engine, but have they announced what Chassis they are going to be running?

03CobraBro

Established Member
He's been getting back in shape for awhile... Glad to see him back, even though it seemed like I used to do nothing but root against him. :)

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
That story about Schumy and the cab diver makes me lol every time i hear it. Glad to see hes going back to REAL racing.

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
I know they are running a Cosworth Engine, but have they announced what Chassis they are going to be running?

They won't announce the drivers or the car until late January. Supposedly this year F1 wants all the teams to reveal all the cars together at one big event.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
its going to be a intresting year for F1 he is most def going to give F1 a boost in fans again

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Oh Jesus Christ, I am NOT Micheal Schumacher but I am very happy to see him return to F1, it's where he belongs. I bet Ferrari is not happy to see their #1 Test Driver and Top Advisor racing for another team.

So what were you doing in Falls Church, VA in a early 90's Camry last week? Spotted you on my way to work...

thestig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread