Schreiner Racing 95R???

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:

It is definitly white on the inside of the drivers door shell and door jamb area. It is also white on the bottom side of the hood. If I were to guess, I would say there is a good chance this car was originally white.

One thing that "could" raise questions is the 96-98 tail light lenses shown on their website under the meet the crew link. That is if that picture is the same car? From the Auto Trader picture this car does appear to have the 96-98 tail light lenses, FWIW.

R

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
That car is definitely a clone. None of the Shriener cars were real R's. I think that car has the most value of all non-R Cobra race cars as it is in fact the only car to ever win Championship.

I've seen that car in person and it's pretty nice for a race car.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Agreed. And unless it has been "decontented" it has good brakes and shocks on it. It still has the CCWs. I was considering this car before it was decided it was going to be raced again.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
93SVTCobra said:
I've seen that car in person and it's pretty nice for a race car.

Do you have any idea who owns it?

As Tom mentioned, it is hard to put a value on the car since the seller did not disclose any details. If it has the GAC parts and a fresh engine, it should bring a good bid. If it has all of the 2002 season's good parts removed and an old race engine, it isn't worth much (IMO).

I'd have to jack it up and inspect all of the wear items to come to an offer. Old race cars can cost a bunch to get back to a reasonable level of track preparedness.

Something as simple as a cracked spindle can put you into a wall at 120 mph. A worn engine can send rods flying through the hood (and possible spin you in your own oil, into a wall).

A failure in the brake system can send you over the hill at RollerCoaster:
JC6.jpg

That's a $50,000 mechanical failure (thankfully, he had a HANS and a Nascar head bolster seat).

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I know the owner quite well and I'll shoot him an email to see why he is selling it. From what I remember it was completely gone through, repainted and re-decaled before he purchased it.

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
i dont want to put his last name on here, but is that Mike P.'s car? he is a member of my local mustang club. I know he recently bought an 07 shelby, and that could be the reason for the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread