Schrader Valve On Fuel Rail

lawdude

Established Member
I'd like to have an easy way to drain my tank when I want to put C16 in. I can upload a program to turn on my fuel pumps. Has anyone used a Schrader valve on their fuel rail to drain your tank? If so, I'd like to know how what you use to connect to it.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'd like to have an easy way to drain my tank when I want to put C16 in. I can upload a program to turn on my fuel pumps. Has anyone used a Schrader valve on their fuel rail to drain your tank? If so, I'd like to know how what you use to connect to it.

There isn't a valve on the rail. What I have done is disconnect the supply line front the rail, then I made a fitting that clips in and has a hose coming off it. Then I turn the pumps on and let it pump the tank to near empty. It doesn't take long. You can fill a 5 gallon container in under a minute.

Coonsnake

Established Member
You can also use an old fuel filter with a hose on it and do the same thing. Fuel filter connection is the same as the fuel rail.

JPC also makes a kit that goes between the fuel rail and line that allows you to drain it, fwiw

Last edited:

lawdude

Established Member
There isn't a valve on the rail. What I have done is disconnect the supply line front the rail, then I made a fitting that clips in and has a hose coming off it. Then I turn the pumps on and let it pump the tank to near empty. It doesn't take long. You can fill a 5 gallon container in under a minute.

I've been doing that too. I put on some new rails and can put in a Schrader valve. If someone has tried it I'd like to hear about it.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I use a Schrader valve on aftermarket rails. Has worked fine for a couple of years. I got the idea from a member on here. I'll see if I can dig up the old thread.

lawdude

Established Member
I use a Schrader valve on aftermarket rails. Has worked fine for a couple of years. I got the idea from a member on here. I'll see if I can dig up the old thread.

Do you use it to monitor FP or drain your tank?

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Do you use it to monitor FP or drain your tank?

I just use it to drain the tank going from 93 octane to E85 on the dyno.

The member I got the idea from was ME32. I believe he used a shop in Northern California that came up with the fitting.

lawdude

Established Member
I just use it to drain the tank going from 93 octane to E85 on the dyno.

The member I got the idea from was ME32. I believe he used a shop in Northern California that came up with the fitting.

What do you use to connect to the Schrader valve to drain the tank?

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
What do you use to connect to the Schrader valve to drain the tank?

I guess it's more of a quick disconnect fitting (2 pieces). One piece is screwed into the top of the rail and the other end is fastened to some braided fuel hose.
I can try to get a pic of it tonight if you like.

lawdude

Established Member
I guess it's more of a quick disconnect fitting (2 pieces). One piece is screwed into the top of the rail and the other end is fastened to some braided fuel hose.
I can try to get a pic of it tonight if you like.

I'd appreciate it. Or if you have a link where I can get one.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I'd appreciate it. Or if you have a link where I can get one.

I'm having login problems with photobucket right now. I'll get a couple pics loaded eventually. Or you could pm me your email and I could send the pics that way.
As far as a link I don't have one. I would suggest pm'ing ME32 and asking for the shop name where he got his fuel disconnect. If I recall that's what I did. I called the guy and he shipped me the fitting.

fueldisconnect.jpg

fueldisconnect3.jpg

Last edited:

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
That looks like a 1/8" quick connect, just like the big one on an air hose. I got mine from a paint gun (like in paint combat) supply store. I use it on my radiator tester.

Steve

Edit: My mental block went away. I meant paintball gun.

Last edited:

lawdude

Established Member
I'm having login problems with photobucket right now. I'll get a couple pics loaded eventually. Or you could pm me your email and I could send the pics that way.
As far as a link I don't have one. I would suggest pm'ing ME32 and asking for the shop name where he got his fuel disconnect. If I recall that's what I did. I called the guy and he shipped me the fitting.

OK thanks. PM sent to me32.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i would be scared of a leak. it seems like they always leak air when used on compressors

lawdude

Established Member
OK, ordered a Schrader valve and quick connect/disconnect hose from Drew at [email protected] on Wednesday. They shipped it same day from California and it arrived two days later in Georgia. Installed the valve yesterday. Decided to test it today. Loaded program to turn on my pumps, connected the line and turned on the pumps. Drained about a gallon before I turned it off. No leaks. Works great. The only thing I'd change is they send it with 4' of hose. 6' would've been better, but I had my previous drain hose and was able to connect the two so I had more than enough. Cost was $99 shipped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread