School me on PCV

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I did a search but PCV is too short. I know this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it. So I'll bring it up again.

Explain to me the differences in using the oil seperators and using the breathers? Which one is better? I don't understand any of it? I can't decide whether to go with a JLT oil seperator on the drivers side and a JLT pre-filter on the passenger side or if I should just get breathers for both sides? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
some dont like to introduce an unmetered air source via breathers on valve covers, and if you have excessive blow by will tend to cause oil drips on breathers. The oil seperators are essentially like the description, just prevents excessive oil from reaching intake track ( which coats the intercooler and lower intake ), the JLT pre-filter is similiar with a baffel to remove oil vapor and drip back down into the valve cover letting just the air go its normal route.

I'm personally looking for a location to have breather catch can, and have both valve covers running into it.... and not be to concerned about the unmetered air.

Last edited:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I found some threads and it seems most prefer the oil seperator. But a lot of people only put it on the drivers side and leave the passenger side alone.

What kills me though is you can buy the filters for like $30 for both sides. But yet the catch cans are quite expensive unless you build one yourself.

I guess I just don't get which is better overall.

Users who are viewing this thread