School me on Meth injection

snkbitten6

Established Member
So I have a D1SC @ 12lbs of boost on a Mach 1... Built motor, forged, aluminum. 9.5:1. Stock Cams. Heads have been gone through, 3 core intercooler, cheap plastic intake on the mouth of the s/c still, twin cobra pumps, and a 40 amp KB BAP, etc... Ive been doing some reading. But a little knowledge can be a bad thing. Car made 555RWHP but backed down due to stock fuel rails.. It is at 502 now. Im thinking new rails, and a meth kit and back for a retune...

So help me out with the benefits of Meth Injection. And how do you guys suggest setting up your kits?? Ive seen some run from the truck, or windshield wiper bottle... And what kit to run.

Help me out!

Thanks SVTP.

Dan.

prn1972

Established Member
Methanol injection cools the intake charge while adding octane. So you can make more power by the colder air temp, increased timing or more boost, or combination of these. I prefer Alkycontrol kits that run 100% meth. How it is setup is up to you & what you want. He will custom build the kit for your needs.
Alkycontrol.com

TheGovernment

Established Member
When I had my 86 Regal T-Type, I went from 15lbs of boost to 24lbs running Razors alky kit ( and a HD actuator ). It's like a whole other car. As fun as it was, it's also a pain in the ass. If ANYTHING malfunctions, you'll likely end up with a dead motor. Running that much extra boost and having a air bubble come through your hose, pump malfunction, pretty much anything and you'll nuke it for sure. I ran 100% meth, had 15 x 5 gallon pales full. I'd use 3 pales per summer.
2 things you'll want to have that after 6 years of having meth, I've learned you NEED to have.

1. A big alky tank WITH baffle installed so it doesn't slosh around ( this is a HUGE must ) I've had a few friends run their tanks less than half empty and suck up some air and blow their head gaskets.... I'm not sure what happens to Fords with Alky, but GN's thankfully generally will just blow their head gaskets.

2. Tuned properly. If not setup 100%, you end up with an on/off car. Either you're not in the boost or you're going WOT, nothing between. You get too much alky being sprayed and it bogs down your motor ( needed for big boost) It's nice to have it adjustable but it's also a pain in the ass if you somehow forget to turn it up before you go wot.

Also make sure you send the pump in ever 2-3 years to get new seals, also destroys any rubber seal on everything it touches.

FreddyG

Established Member
When I had my 86 Regal T-Type, I went from 15lbs of boost to 24lbs running Razors alky kit ( and a HD actuator ). It's like a whole other car. As fun as it was, it's also a pain in the ass. If ANYTHING malfunctions, you'll likely end up with a dead motor. Running that much extra boost and having a air bubble come through your hose, pump malfunction, pretty much anything and you'll nuke it for sure. I ran 100% meth, had 15 x 5 gallon pales full. I'd use 3 pales per summer.
2 things you'll want to have that after 6 years of having meth, I've learned you NEED to have.

1. A big alky tank WITH baffle installed so it doesn't slosh around ( this is a HUGE must ) I've had a few friends run their tanks less than half empty and suck up some air and blow their head gaskets.... I'm not sure what happens to Fords with Alky, but GN's thankfully generally will just blow their head gaskets.

2. Tuned properly. If not setup 100%, you end up with an on/off car. Either you're not in the boost or you're going WOT, nothing between. You get too much alky being sprayed and it bogs down your motor ( needed for big boost) It's nice to have it adjustable but it's also a pain in the ass if you somehow forget to turn it up before you go wot.

Also make sure you send the pump in ever 2-3 years to get new seals, also destroys any rubber seal on everything it touches.

Good advice!

I had Julio's (Alky Control) setup on my o;d Vortech blown C5 and if properly set up, it worked flawlessly! It ended up making over 600 to the wheels on a stock bottom end! I credit this to the tune and also the Alky kit. The link to his site is in the first post, but there is plenty of good info on it if you just want to learn more about how it works.

Mine ran off of a MAP sensor and only worked under boost. The tune was setup so that if the IAT's went up too high, it pulled timing to keep things under control.

As stated, it worked Flawlessly and if you're looking at a kit, not only is Julio a Genius with meth, he's got good customer service too.

Users who are viewing this thread