School me on fuel pumps??

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
Hi, I want to start buying parts to reach 600 HP.

I've read threads about getting a BAP, gt40 pumps, the fore hat...and now I am completely undecided on what to do.

If I want 600hp by adding a whipple..what would be my best option when it comes to fuel? Can someone lend some insight as to the best route without breaking the bank? Do I need new modules with this too?

Just take it from the beginning..stock system. Thanks!!

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
whipple 2.3, GT40 pumps, 40A BAP, dual FPDM's and 60's for returnless (or)
whipple 2.3, lethal's budget return and 60's

Sick SVT

Established Member
60lb injectors, kb bap, and I would do the pprv delete. You will be close to maxed out on the stock pumps but should still be ok. I had this setup on my old 03 and was at 590 rwhp.

testorossa1989

Established Member
There is tons of info on the forums about this. I recommend doing a search. This topic has been covered many many many times. The posts above are on the right track. Ofcourse budget is always a factor but the only thing i will say is dont skimp out on the fuel. Splurge on it for sure

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Having been there, done that, I would go right to a return system. In my opinion, the original fuel system once you get into a modded Cobra is a less than ideal design.

wastntime

Established Member
There is tons of info on the forums about this. I recommend doing a search. This topic has been covered many many many times. The posts above are on the right track. Ofcourse budget is always a factor but the only thing i will say is dont skimp out on the fuel. Splurge on it for sure

Agreed. If your going to upgrade the blower than you should do the fuel system as well. IMO of course.

cnnrlck

Established Member
Like SVTkel said, do it right the 1st time and don't waste money buying parts for a return less system. Lethal and fore innovations offer great options for return kits, and with a fuel system overkill is good. I learned the hard way too

svtshadow

Banned
there are a shit load of cobras making high HP with returnless fuel system. If you dont need to spend the money of a return system, just upgrade the returnless system. FYI, i have return system!

Dragu1a

Established Member
Just a bap and 60s is all you need...been that way for 5 years

that's where i am.

stock pumps, BAP and 60's. made 605/527.

you might as well go bigger though, or else you'll be in my boat. going to start piecing together a system over winter.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Black306 sells a nice kit for return less, with pumps, wire upgrade and dual FPDM conversion. Comes with everything you need, including relays and detailed instructions. Every wire is marked and is just short of plug and play.

Shoot him a PM.

rudycobra

Established Member
I'm in process of trying to go return . Gonna sell my fore hat , gt pumps , 40 amp bap and wire upgrade . With 60's and fore rails it supported 694 rwhp corrected

Users who are viewing this thread