School me on fast fuel injection for mod motor.

slvr35th

Established Member
I'm fixing to buy a fast system. I'm just wondering what all wiring I need to keep. Also help me out on everything I will need, as in stuff from fast, I will need to run ls coil setup.

I don't need us telling me this is junk especially if you haven't ever owned this system or installed one.

Thanks nick

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Not many people still use F.A.S.T. so I'd imagine getting this in depth of information will be difficult. Why would you not just call them and ask for all their part numbers? I hated mine but maybe they've improved since then. Best of luck.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
There is no REAL problems with it but, this was several several years back. It had to be connected by serial usb adapters that always failed. I kept having this random fuse pop never could figure out why, it was wired just fine. Lastly, I am unaware of how far the system has come but back in the day when I compared FAST to Big Stuff, Big Stuff was far and away better. The FAST software was also horribly designed, I'd personally use the Holley Dominator EFI but if you already have it then FAST does what it's supposed to do just fine. I just find for the money I liked almost every other stand alone better.

ultraspeed

Established Member
Okay I know of 2 people running this system both with LS coils stuff runs good and the software is very simple to use and IMO they have one of the best data logging of all the systems. With that said I know fast is currently at the end of there current system limits and are looking to release something new in the future if its near future or not I do not know! Holley efi , Pro efi, haltech, and Mega squirt 3 pro are your best bet for aftermarket standalones. There is very limited cars on the holley system so far on the modular side but there is a few, Proefi and haltech both have plug play harness to plug in to the factory ECU wiring and utilize stock dash. The MS3 pro is also good and the cheapest of all them but you will be tuning all of it from startup to the end! Proefi and haltech both 4K with everything you need, Holley your looking at 2500.00 for the dominator maybe little more, and MS3 is 1200.00... Im leaning towards haltech and or holley also like ms3 anyways good luck

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My car isn't done yet, but I will be running the FAST XFI/XMI setup with internal datalogging, adaptive learning, and advanced traction control. AED has this setup on a few terminators and love it.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Just curious, but why are you wanting an aftermarket fuel injection set up?

The new stand alones are a lot more than just fuel injection control (even though they are able to handle different pulse widths than a standard ecu) they now come with the ability to have traction control ramp rates and all sorts of other nifty things. I really like the dominator setup from Holley but I hate that they don't have a plug play setup yet.

ultraspeed

Established Member
Holley im pretty sure does have a plug play setup now but not as plug play as the proefi and haltech stuff. On the Dominator you still half to run the wiring out in the bay but the connectors are already there this I think was released at sema. I to like the holley dominator setup but for it to work with our Cam sensor you half to use a MSD module that extends the 3v cam sensor signal to 5v there is another way around this to but not sure what it is. but besides the standalone over stock ECU you get " knock control, saftey shut down mode for Oil pressure and A/F, self learning fuel maps,some can Blend MAF/speed density , ability to rev past 7300RPM, and much more...." Also another good thing with Holley is they have SUPER good tech support and So does Fast.

Users who are viewing this thread