Scammed

daustin

Established Member
My wife has had 3 cards in 2 months

She won’t stop buying shit off temu and tiktok shop
Have you heard of the privacy.com app? I use it on my iPhone. It is an app that lets you generate virtual cards. It links to your bank account using Plaid, which is what Venmo uses.

Once the card is used once, the card is locked to the vender that charges it and gives you the option for them to be one time use only, or you can set it up to use continually with spend limits per transaction, per month, per year, or total lifetime of the card.

I have used it multiple times, mainly for things that have a promotional price for a certain time frame, that way those places can't extend any subscriptions at whatever price they choose to charge. It came in handy with SiriusXM. I paid my yearly $72 last year using a virtual card then changed the total transaction limit to $5. Once they tried to charge me $30 for the first month after the promo, it was declined and I called SiriusXM and got the $72 yearly plan again. I changed the transaction limit to what it needed to be for the year, it was charged, then I changed it back to $5.

The app is free and with the non-paid version, you can generate up to ten cards a month.

The one time use cards would be perfect for things like Temu and the TikTok shops you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread