Scammed by Hankook

mustang3X

Established Member
Just an FYI to everyone,

Bought 4 tires for my Mazda from Discount Tire Direct. They were proudly displaying a rebate so I figured since the reviews were decent might as well have the lowest price.

So guess what, Yep, no rebate. The company that administers the rebate cannot be contacted and they conveniently will not let me create an account. The last email from them was that the rebate would be mailed January 15, here it is a month later and nothing.

This was nothing but a scam and Discount tire is complicit in perpetuating it. This was my second and last set of tires from Discount tire, I know this is not their fault but they will also bear the burden of poor reviews and lost business.

The entire rebate industry is nothing but a scam to steal money, hopefully my lesson will help others.

...Mark...

Established Member
I got some HanKook V12's a year back from Tire Rack for my G8 and had no issues getting reimbursed on my warranty.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just an FYI to everyone,

Bought 4 tires for my Mazda from Discount Tire Direct. They were proudly displaying a rebate so I figured since the reviews were decent might as well have the lowest price.

So guess what, Yep, no rebate. The company that administers the rebate cannot be contacted and they conveniently will not let me create an account. The last email from them was that the rebate would be mailed January 15, here it is a month later and nothing.

This was nothing but a scam and Discount tire is complicit in perpetuating it. This was my second and last set of tires from Discount tire, I know this is not their fault but they will also bear the burden of poor reviews and lost business.

The entire rebate industry is nothing but a scam to steal money, hopefully my lesson will help others.

Thank you for the post.

I assume you purchased your tires back in November when Hankook was offering an $80.00 mail-in rebate? Send us a PM with your information (full name, order number, and phone number) and we would be happy to look into this for you.

BOD89LX

Established Member
^^^^ Just like he said contact DTD and they will help you out I have always been treated good at DTD and when I have had a problem they have made it right. No really fair to give DTD bad reviews due to a rebate from the tire company which they have no control over but I bet they will help you out.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just an FYI to everyone,

So let me get this straight. You had a bad experience from a third party business through a transaction, and not only are you calling out the business that has NO control over the issue...but you didn't even bother to have them look into it first?

Quit whining.

mjproduct

Established Member
I had an issue with the $80 rebate last year but dealt with 'Hankook America' directly to resolve it. They use a 3rd party vendor for rebates, who don't really care (Hankook was good about it)...

Watch the dates and get them in as early as possible. When the rebate form says wait 30 days (or whatever) before inquiring... don't. Check with them soon after to assure they have it and it's in the system. Hankook rebate requires the form be mailed, which especially around the holidays, can led to delays or lost issues.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
I've had nothing it top notch CS from DTD. Let them handle things from their end. I'm sure they'll take care of things.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I understand where the op is comming from. You guys forget that dtd advertiss these rebates on there site. Which in terms helps them sales tires. Because they do that they do share the blame on the rebate. an in the best interest for the customer they will or should help the customer recieve what they intended to get.

Users who are viewing this thread