SC pulley ?? to ponder

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Was reading a aftermarket parts mag (waiting room at car place) and saw an add from some company that sells blower pulleys (no mention of the Eaton). What was differant was that these were pulleys with a "one way bearing" in them. My question for those that may know, why not ours, or for that mater why not all SC pulleys. This is the upper SC pulley and I don't remember the name of said Co..
It just sounded like a good idea??

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
well unless these motors have a habit of spontaneously reversing their rotation, i don't see the point of a one way bearing. unless it was designed to let the blower spool down on its own, but even that doesn't sound beneficial to me.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
IIRC Reichard Racing had something like that....I dont run one on my Cogged setup and neither have other guys who have been running the cogged setup longer than me and no ill effects yet.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I've seen the same setup for centrifugals, don't remmeber if it was Vortec or Paxton but it was for the lower pulley. It enables s/c rpm to remain constant during shifts so boost doesn't drop off. If would be a great setup for sure even if it weren't a cog setup.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
I've seen the same setup for centrifugals, don't remmeber if it was Vortec or Paxton but it was for the lower pulley. It enables s/c rpm to remain constant during shifts so boost doesn't drop off. If would be a great setup for sure even if it weren't a cog setup.

i have been enlightened.

Lightning Steve

Established Member
The Ad I saw for the pulley with the one-way bearing was for the SC it self not the lower. If there is interest I will go back and see if I can find it, but will be acouple of days (just started the weekend shift)

Users who are viewing this thread