sc mustang conversion

dangle9ii

I have several 95 through 98 mustangs with the 3.8 i want to super charge the 98 using some donor super coups. Just to clear things up I am not destroying any Thunder bird SC or Cougars for that matter i am picking all parts either from junk yards or new. i already have the supercharger, inter-cooler, intake piping, and intake manifold, those seem to go instantly, while the rest of the SC can be easily found in a local junk yard there are 5 there right now. now i am trying to figure out the most efficient way to do this swap. with the most power. should i build a mustang 3.8 and then super charge is or should i go pull a t-bird motor and rebuild that, also where do i go with pcm. the SC is obd1 the mustang obd2 is there a way to tune the stock mustang computer so i can use all the gauges. with the exception of a discrete boost gauge i plan on keeping the interior stock. I am looking for any insight to build the best car i can. i am going to use the T-5 trans in the mustang now unless someone has a different suggestion. I may have access to a super coupe with a five speed but no very little about the trans.

Users who are viewing this thread