SC belt rubbing on water pump pulley

Lee

Established Member
I have a newly installed V2 SQ on my 95 Cobra. I looked at the SC belt last night and noticed a rub mark down the center of the back side of the belt. I got to looking and found that where the belt leaves the 7 inch SC crank pulley, headed toward the SC, it rubs the front of the water pump pulley. This is a Vortech kit, with all of the Vortech pullies and installed according to Vortech's directions. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't see an easy way to eliminate this rubbing without installing a smaller water pump pulley or SC crank pulley.

Lee

Established Member
Ok. Serious stupidity on my part. I had the SC belt tensioner under the belt and not over it. :eek: This solved the SC belt rubbing problem. But the 95 Cobra accessory also has a problem and rubs on itselt at the accessory belt tensioner. Do I need to go with a 1" shorter belt? Anyone have a part number for that by chance?

redstang

i had/have the same issues as you did. I originally had a 90.5 inch belt and have an 89.5 now. it starts with probably 2 inches of clearance and then now has decreased to about 3/4 of an inch. i'd even try to get an 89 incher on, but the 89.5 was hard as hell to get on. Took 2 guys, a pry bar, and a long screwdriver.

Lee

Established Member
I ended up using a 103 & 7/8 inch belt that solved the problem. Took a lot of trial and error.

Users who are viewing this thread