Sayoc-Winkler R&D Hawk

Raindog

Established Member
Several months ago I contacted Daniel Winkler and put in an order for a custom tomahawk, well tuesday he contacted me and said that it was nearing completion. Being that I live around two hours away we agreed that I would pick it up in person so this morning I set out for Blowing Rock.

It's an interesting drive as cutting through Morganton(elevation 1161) you climb around 2500ft to get there and feel as if you are ascending into the clouds. Dan's workshop is as remote as it is personal, this is a no nonsense shop set deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Upon arrival I was greeted with a handshake and willingness to answer questions and express his trade. His knives and axes are purpose made and look to be built to withstand extreme abuse, given his normal clientele, I can see why. Needless to say, I was impressed and will be ordering one of his belt knives soon.

DSC_4651copy2.jpg

Granelli31

Established Member
Did you take part in the design at all? I assume it can be used, even though it also looks great. What are your plans for such a thing? I'm actually interested and not pulling your chain, I've never seen anything like that.

Raindog

Established Member
Rafael Kayanan and Dan Winkler are responsible for the design and it is certainly made to be used, this is no showpiece. I'm in the process of ordering a trainer so that i can get some practice in.

Users who are viewing this thread