Saw this black one for sale

buddha93

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoVmrNRUVi0"]YouTube - 1993 Cobra *For Sale!*[/nomedia]

Black with 44k on the odometer. I think I've heard about this one, but I can't say for sure. The only reason I posted it is that I noticed he's NM which would make this an extremely rust-free car. Looks waaaaaaaaay clean and very stock.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Ya,l think your right Willy. I knew the mileage was ringing a bell, but I the YouTube was only a few days old. He must have sold it the day it posted it up. Nice stock 44k car.

WillyB93

Established Member
It was on the corral he sold it to a guy in California for 15k I think.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Saw it on youtube also. Very clean!

Did you guys happen to see the Teal/blk/sunroof car the same day that Blk one was posted.

I sent him a comment that he should register it over on 1993cobra. But, the next day I checked to see if he responded to my comment on youtube. The video was removed.

Not sure if was completely legit. It had a cervini stalker front bumper. The rest of the car look orginal though.

buddha93

Established Member
Saw it on youtube also. Very clean!

Did you guys happen to see the Teal/blk/sunroof car the same day that Blk one was posted.

I sent him a comment that he should register it over on 1993cobra. But, the next day I checked to see if he responded to my comment on youtube. The video was removed.

Not sure if was completely legit. It had a cervini stalker front bumper. The rest of the car look orginal though.

Your neighbor sell his black one yet?

WillyB93

Established Member
I think he still has it, with plenty of lookers and possible purchasers on that deal.

buddha93

Established Member
No, alot of lookers. No takers. Can't believe it. Something is wrong with the market for sure. You can't get any better then this one for this kinda of price.

Ya, that's nuts. A few years ago he would have had guys tripping over themselves to get at that car for that price.

Saw another one this morning:

Ford : Mustang - eBay (item 150553494339 end time Jan-31-11 00:56:37 PST)

Again, hard to believe but even I would have been all over a car like this one a few years ago. Now, even with the repairs/tires, I think you'd have a hard time selling it for what you'd have in it.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Ya, that's nuts. A few years ago he would have had guys tripping over themselves to get at that car for that price.

Saw another one this morning:

Ford : Mustang - eBay (item 150553494339 end time Jan-31-11 00:56:37 PST)

Again, hard to believe but even I would have been all over a car like this one a few years ago. Now, even with the repairs/tires, I think you'd have a hard time selling it for what you'd have in it.

I wondering Buddha... if the not so much the market. But that the 93 cobra enthusiast croud is thinning out a bit. By looking at the forums, it seems that there are only about a couple dozen of us that frequent the forums on a regular bases. Just a thought.:shrug:

Oh yea, saw that blk one to on ebay. Wow some issues there for a low milage cobra

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
I wondering Buddha... if the not so much the market. But that the 93 cobra enthusiast croud is thinning out a bit. By looking at the forums, it seems that there are only about a couple dozen of us that frequent the forums on a regular bases. Just a thought.:shrug:

Ya, I think there is some truth to that, without a doubt.

I just think it's a culmination of things. Between the economy, all the other Mustang choices out there, and our "group" being a smaller majority, is what seems to be driving the market demand for these cars.......up or down.

When I purchased my car in 02' the market was extremely hot for these cars, as well as a few years following that. If you notice, Fox cars where still the cats ass in terms of performance as all of the modular stuff up until that year was expensive as hell to increase hp. Then came the 03' Cobra and things changed drastically. Suddenly Kenne Bell and Whipple were a household name within the Mustang community. Prior to that they were a rarity.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Ya, I think there is some truth to that, without a doubt.

If you notice, Fox cars where still the cats ass in terms of performance as all of the modular stuff up until that year was expensive as hell to increase hp. Then came the 03' Cobra and things changed drastically. Suddenly Kenne Bell and Whipple were a household name within the Mustang community. Prior to that they were a rarity.

Well stated.
:thumbsup:

ducci610

Established Member
The market and most markets for that matter are cyclical. Right now is a buyers market , similar to the housing market. For me the 93 cobra is a nestalga thing, its the car i always wanted in high school and will always be special to me no matter how old I am. I didnt buy my car because it was fast so im not concered with the fact that it is considered slow by todays standards. I think that in 10-20 years these cars will be extreemly desirable and even more rare. Look at mustangs of the late 60's (boss/shelby,ect) and what large numbers they are fetching at auction. Im not nostradomus but Hang in there fellas, the market will come back!

TX93Cobra

Established Member
we shall see!! thats what Im hoping on. not that Im really even thinking about ever selling mine =)

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
The market and most markets for that matter are cyclical. Right now is a buyers market , similar to the housing market. For me the 93 cobra is a nestalga thing, its the car i always wanted in high school and will always be special to me no matter how old I am. I didnt buy my car because it was fast so im not concered with the fact that it is considered slow by todays standards. I think that in 10-20 years these cars will be extreemly desirable and even more rare. Look at mustangs of the late 60's (boss/shelby,ect) and what large numbers they are fetching at auction. Im not nostradomus but Hang in there fellas, the market will come back!

Completely agree with that. I missed out on it because I rushed in and bought a 92 gt a year early. Now Im on a hunt for that Teal that I saw in the show room that I saw a year later.

Ducci610.... did you buy that teal/blk cobra in the pic under your username from tunedin302?? If so, nice clean car.:beer:

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
I grew up with the foxbody cars that"s why i am sticking with them, I really like the body style of them. So I have tried to start a collection of them, I did fall in love with the 04 mystichrome cars so i had to have one too. All my cars will remain all stock and low mileage, I am in it for the long haul with them. I hope within the next year i can find the black on black with a roof to add to the collection. I will consider the black on gray cloth too!

buddha93

Established Member
For what it costs me to insure the car, they're hard to beat. Not to mention, we pay personal property taxes each year which isn't cheap on newer cars.

WillyB93

Established Member
In Indiana we just pay sales tax at the beginning, then plate fees every year which are like 60 dollars and an agreed value term insurance is like 80 dollars every 6 months. It is something you defiantly can't beat for a nice "sunday driver"!!!

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, we pay taxes up front, and then they pro-rate the value of the car each year and tax it that way. Since the cars are 15+ years old, the amount isn't that much.

When my wifes $30k+ SUV was new, we paid almost $400 in taxes that year, just for owning it. It drops each year a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread