Saw a Saleen Cobra this morning!

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
He followed me for about five miles to the coffee stand my wife works at. It was a 96-97 red w/ gold accents convertable. He talks to a friend of mine that also works at the coffee stand (she owns a 98 cobra) and she said it only has 7k miles on it. I told her to tell him I'm jealous when he pulls up. As I start to leave the parking lot, he revs his engine after talking to her.:eek:

It wasn't really deep but I think it was supercharged. That thing reved really, really fast. Any specs? I think the saleen cobras are pretty rare iirc. She said he paid something like 55k for it.

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
ive always thought they were really rare. ive never seen one, but saw one for sale in mustang and ford trader and they wanterd something like 55k or 60k for it

chknhwk

I always thought they weren't even made! I thought Saleen only bought the shells of V6's and GT's, no Cobras. Boy was I wrong - I want to see one now!

Lugi 98 SVT

Established Member
There's one here in PA also and it is kick-ass. I've only seen it once but never got a chance to talk to the guy. At first I thought he just had a decal kit on it, but a friend of mine had talked to him and it's the real deal.
There's also a blue 98 Rousch cobra here with a brand new kenne bell on it.
The car is sick

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I guess he lives about a block away from my parents. I'll see if I can find which house is his and strike up a conversation. Maybe I can take a couple pics.

chknhwk

Originally posted by Lugi 98 SVT
There's one here in PA also and it is kick-ass. I've only seen it once but never got a chance to talk to the guy. At first I thought he just had a decal kit on it, but a friend of mine had talked to him and it's the real deal.
There's also a blue 98 Rousch cobra here with a brand new kenne bell on it.
The car is sick

Where is Denver in relation to Easton/Philadelphia? I may have to come out for a :beer: meet...

98blksvt

Established Member
yeah they only makwe 2 or 3 cobras a year! there was a 98 yellow one with 10k miles on ebay a while back that was custon ordered with every single option ford or saleen had (except auto of corse) he wanted 30k for it! but i would have bought it if it wasnt so expensive cause thats a lot of money to have sitting in my garage and not drive all the time!

CobraSaleen

Need to update my pic's but here is one before I added the blower....
chico1a.jpg

G. Scott

s281cobra

Established Member
Here are the production numbers for the Cobra Editions

Year Coupes Speedsters Total
1996 5 6 11
1997 13 5 18
1998 14 21 35
1999 8 12 20

No 2000's since only R's were built, couldn't dig up the 2001 numbers, and the 2003's can still be built as long as there still are some untitled cars at the dealerships.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread