Saving Gas...

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
while the cobra is in the shop. ill drive this, in the mean time :burnout:

IMG_0476.jpg

SpittinVenom

Established Member
Damn, is that a real blata? If I knew I could wake up early enough every morning I would ride a bicycle to work.

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
Im saving by keeping the rpm's under 2k. Man I can just hear the car begging for more throttle. :)

Kcobra99

Established Member
BK24 said:
Im saving by keeping the rpm's under 2k. Man I can just hear the car begging for more throttle. :)

Don't run that low rpm, you're just going to carbon up the combustion chambers. Just use very light throttle and shift around 3000. Fuel mileage won't be too much different. :thumbsup: Remember to run it hard once in a while to "burn the carbon out of the cylinders" :burnout:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Kcobra99 said:
Don't run that low rpm, you're just going to carbon up the combustion chambers. Just use very light throttle and shift around 3000. Fuel mileage won't be too much different. :thumbsup: Remember to run it<A title="Best Hard" style="COLOR: #65b45c; TEXT-DECORATION: underline" href="http://216.130.188.200/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=9982" target=_blank> hard </A>once in a while to "burn the carbon out of the cylinders" :burnout:

hmm is that true ?? i keep my RPM's at 2k crusing the town..

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
SpittinVenom said:
Damn, is that a real blata? If I knew I could wake up early enough every morning I would ride a bicycle to work.

sure is. i got this back when they first started to appear :)

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
hmm is that true ?? i keep my RPM's at 2k crusing the town..

I did a bunch of experimenting with my old 99, and the best mileage I got was shifting around 3k and cruising in the low 2000's. I usually got around 19 mpg in mixed driving. The 03 gets 22 mpg on the highway, but it's a pretty consistent 13 mpg in town even if I baby it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread