save money!!!!

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
only problem is that kit isn't for the gt500... its missing one of the caps. the gt500 kit is a 7 piece kit, this one is a 6 piece kit. then to buy the missing cap it's almost another $50. but it is still a little cheaper to buy from them vs. the shelby site, so don't feel bad, you didn't lose as much money as you think. http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/100220.aspx

oh fyi, they sell those caps for about the same price on ebay all the time.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...016QQitemZ260152468663QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
jream said:
only problem is that kit isn't for the gt500... its missing one of the caps. the gt500 kit is a 7 piece kit, this one is a 6 piece kit. then to buy the missing cap it's almost another $50. but it is still a little cheaper to buy from them vs. the shelby site, so don't feel bad, you didn't lose as much money as you think. http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/100220.aspx

oh fyi, they sell those caps for about the same price on ebay all the time.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...016QQitemZ260152468663QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

your right.. didnt even notice that... you still save $65 bucks even after ordering the missing cap...:beer: :beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I got mine from them. Three were on backorder but finally came.

Note: The power steering cap has a small weep hole above the Snake which allows moisture in the power steering fluid and will turn it pink. A new design is a few months down the line from Scott Drake, allegedly you can email them and they will inform you when they are ready.

For the time being, keep the stocker, or seal the hole with some silicone.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
I got mine from them. Three were on backorder but finally came.

Note: The power steering cap has a small weep hole above the Snake which allows moisture in the power steering fluid and will turn it pink. A new design is a few months down the line from Scott Drake, allegedly you can email them and they will inform you when they are ready.

For the time being, keep the stocker, or seal the hole with some silicone.

i went to go look... found no holes... only on the brake fluid one and the stock one has a hole too... maybe they already fixed it... good looking out though... i would have been pissed...

harley99fb

Established Member
R U TRIPIN said:
i went to go look... found no holes... only on the brake fluid one and the stock one has a hole too... maybe they already fixed it... good looking out though... i would have been pissed...

Mine has a hole in it. I e-mailed them (Shelby) with the purchase info and they replied that I'm on the list for a replacement when they come in.

ingram4868

Established Member
I read that some people are already geting calls from Scott Drake that the replacement caps were in. I have not have these caps but maybe a phone call to S. Drake is needed if you bought from them.

mosconiac

Established Member
What have you guys done with the original, tethered PS cap? Just cut it off? What did you attach the new tether to? Does the tether "pin" on top of the PO reservoir come off?

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
mosconiac said:
What have you guys done with the original, tethered PS cap? Just cut it off? What did you attach the new tether to? Does the tether "pin" on top of the PO reservoir come off?

no it will pull off... just be careful not to brake the pin... put the new tether where the old one is...

Users who are viewing this thread