Saturn ion redline faster than BMW Z4???

Cjavalanche

Established Member
Has anyone seen that saturn commercial, about the guy saying his saturn ion redline (or whatever the hell its called) is faster than a Z4? im gonna have to call :bs:

what do you guys think???

inteller

Established Member
i'm going to have to say I'd take a Z4 over that plastic POS any day of the week.

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
To bad the Ion doesn't come fully assymbled, usually you have to snap a few plastic pieces back together each time you drive it.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
So they basically picked the top model redline and compared it to the bottom model Z4. Go Saturn I guess. Really though, these cars aren't in the same class, I don't know why Saturn would gun for the Z4.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
The Z4 is absolutely heinous. It's what happens when a BMW has downs syndrome.

The Ion ain't no supermodel either. F*ck 'em both.

ralphy1798

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
So they basically picked the top model redline and compared it to the bottom model Z4. Go Saturn I guess. Really though, these cars aren't in the same class, I don't know why Saturn would gun for the Z4.

Guarentee they went after the Z4 b/c its a car that "looks" like a fast sports car to the general public. I have heard a lot of people watch that commercial and go "wow, a Saturn beat a BMW Z4????" and then they turn to me as the resident car expert and i set them straight.

Even my g/f said this and then she looked at me and went "why didnt you tell me saturn was supercharging their cars now, i needed something to laugh at! " :rockon:

Jeff :burnout:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
haha, in the comparo they're bragging how the ion comes standard with roof rails and a sunroof while the Z4 does not...
uhhhh?
How a 4cyl. is available only on the ion...
Dumb

Steeltwo

Established Member
i test drove a redline ion a while ago.

they aren't bad.

cornering is really flat

gm put the revlimiter to low. the is still making power at the redline. so its annoying because you have to watch the tach

500HPZ06

Banned
gm put the revlimiter to low. the is still making power at the redline. so its annoying because you have to watch the tach[/QUOTE]

I think that is why Saturn calls this car the redline. I have also driven one. Before I knew what was happening the rev limiter was kicking in. I am not use to driving four bangers.
Still it was not too bad a car for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread