Satin black Velgen VMB5 with Nitto Invos mounted w/Pics!

SVT_28

Established Member
Just put the combo listed in the title on my car. I am really happy with the look, with the flat black matching the stripes. Exactly what I wanted! Thanks for everyone who helped with any questions I had about rims/tires I had. I was referred Paul @ Howey Industries by another member on here, and Paul was excellent to deal with!! The rims are 20x9/10.5 with Nitto Invo 255/35 front and 295/35 rear. In addition, I just bought my 2014 a month ago and still haven't posted pics of the car in my previous thread, so here they are some quick cell pictures Also, had the roush side/rear skirts installed.

P.S.Will be have the SVTPP rims for sale shortly

IMG_0156.JPGIMG_0155.JPGIMG_0121.JPGIMG_0088.JPG

Last edited:

09BLKRED

Congrats. Wheels look great. I have the same style/size and also had a great experience with Paul at Howey Industries.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great, I like that design.
I used side marker overlays from American Muscle--quick and easy install cleans up the look by tinting the orange/red side markers.
-J

RangerDLA

Established Member
Are these called satin black or is it the matte gunmetal finish? I'm going crazy trying to match a set of wheels to the stripes and can't find any. OCD is kick in the ass.

DISREGARD: Answered my own question. They come in both colors.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
I really like the look of dark wheels on a dark/black car. With a little tire wet that will look awesome. JMO

SVT_28

Established Member
Agreed and a lowered suspension too.
Didn't have any tire shine, but yes that would look good. I have considered lowering it at some point, but I don't think I live in the best area to have a lowered car. These rims and tires did close the wheel well gap a tiny bit though.

Are these called satin black or is it the matte gunmetal finish? I'm going crazy trying to match a set of wheels to the stripes and can't find any. OCD is kick in the ass.
DISREGARD: Answered my own question. They come in both colors.

I should have said they "compliment" my stripes, as they aren't a perfect match...just both flat black. Just want to be clear due to the OCD thing haha

Looks great, I like that design.
I used side marker overlays from American Muscle--quick and easy install cleans up the look by tinting the orange/red side markers.
-J
Ill look into those, more black on a car never hurts!

RangerDLA

Established Member
Thanks, I ordered them with the Sumitomo tires instead of the Invos though. I've heard good things about both, but I had some Invos on my Z06 and noticed that the sidewall was not very stiff compared to the Goodyears. We'll see!

SVT_28

Established Member
Ok sounds good, let me know what you think of the rims when you get them! I tried to do as much research on tires and invos is what I decided on because a lot of the cars on the velvet website has them so I could see how they looked with the rims...so we'll see how they go. Plus people have said good things about them as well. I had mpss on my last gt500 but wanted to try something a little different.

Last edited:

RangerDLA

Established Member
Ok sounds good, let me know what you think of the rims when you get them! I tried to do as much research on tires and invos is what I decided on because a lot of the cars on the velvet website has them so I could see how they looked with the rims...so we'll see how they go. Plus people have said good things about them as well. I had mpss on my last gt500 but wanted to try something a little different.

I'll do just that. Hopefully this time next weekend, I'll be posting some pics of it. To each his own, right? The Invos are great tires, I just have a different preference. MPSS' would be great, but I'm not waiting until the rapture to be able to buy a set. Enjoy your ride!

SVT_28

Established Member
Thanks, I sure will! Cant stop looking at my car :coolman:
Just a word of advice, since you say you're OCD haha, I would recommend bringing some black spray paint when you get your the rims/tires balanced because the weights are silver and stick out like a sore thumb. I had to hand paint them myself, while mounted, after realizing this!

I'll do just that. Hopefully this time next weekend, I'll be posting some pics of it. To each his own, right? The Invos are great tires, I just have a different preference. MPSS' would be great, but I'm not waiting until the rapture to be able to buy a set. Enjoy your ride!

Last edited:

RangerDLA

Established Member
Thanks, I sure will! Cant stop looking at my car :coolman:
Just a word of advice, since you say your OCD haha, I would recommend bringing some black spray paint when you get your he rims/tires balanced because the weights are silver and stick out like a sore thumb. I had to hand paint them myself, while mounted, after realizing this!

HAHA!!! Thanks! "You're a good man, Charlie Brown."

Users who are viewing this thread