Sanity Check - Mods required for ported blower and possibly spray...

Grimster

Established Member
So I've read many threads on what is needed for a ported blower setup as well as a small shot of nitrous and even some on a combo of the two. Various recommendations on what is needed or required....so I want to lay out what my current mods are and where I want to go to make sure Im thinking rationally before I starting spending money (only want to spend money once lol)

Current mods :

unported eaton with 2.76" BF pulley
4-piece idler set (BF)
JLT RAI intake (bought in 2011 so I suppose thats the "older" version now)
Diablosport MAFia
Steeda catback
BF IRS Brace
MM FLSFC's
N2MB WOT box
SCT X3 handheld
10-spline Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (the one rated at 600tq)

Im looking at two different ways to take the car. Reason I want to work all this out now is that I only want to have to take it to the tuner one more time. I already bought a ported eaton, ported TB and ported plenum and have a MAC Prochamber OR/H to put on. So really at this point it is gathering the supporting mods and getting it tuned. But since Im headed to the tuner anyway, why not a small shot of nitrous, ya know? haha (still thinking about the nitrous thing...never messed with it before...)

I talked to my tuner and he said that I would only need to get 60lb injectors and a KB BAP to do what I want to do. I do not have e85 available in my area and Im stuck with 91 octane fuel (both 10% ethanol and 100% gas varieties). So to bump the octane I will rely on torco, as needed (which the tuner said was fine). The tuner said that the MAFia is fine and I wouldn't need to upgrade the MAF and that he recommends nitrous as either dry or wet, preferably wet.

So here is my thought process...I will end up having 3 tunes on the handheld tuner: 91 octane daily driving tune....torco tune boost only...and torco tune boost/spray.

Here are the 60lb injectors Im looking at :

Sieman Deka 63lb USCAR High Imp Injectors - Fuel Injectors - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra

KB BAP Im looking at :

Kenne Bell Single Boost-a-Pump - 40 amp Supercharged

Nitrous Kit (dry...probably get a 75hp pill):

DynoTune Product, 611-SVT Supercharged Dry Nitrous System - DynoTune, Nitrous systems, Purge kits, Nitrous Bottle heaters and more!

Nitrous Kit (wet...either 75hp or 100hp pill):

DynoTune Product, 622.2-99-04 Mustang GT/Cobra Nitrous System - DynoTune, Nitrous systems, Purge kits, Nitrous Bottle heaters and more!

Window Switch:

WOT Box Window Switch Add-On - Nitrous - N2MB Racing

So really the goal is to have a 500rwhp daily driver and I believe I can with the ported blower on a torco tune. It'd probably be 475-480 on the normal 91 octane tune and that'd be ok too. The big wild card that I need to figure out is the nitrous portion of this equation. Is it really necessary? I mean, Im not going to use it very often except for that random track appearance or when I want to make my friend with his c6 cry. But then again, that alone might be worth it. haha.

So the real questions are:

1. adding BAP and injectors along with my current mods enough for the ported blower? Planning on sticking with the 2.76 upper and stock lower

2. with the injectors and bap...is that sufficient for a 75 dry shot of nitrous or will the fuel pumps (stock) be a limiting factor?

3. Im assuming 100 shot with a wet kit would be no problem.

Keeping in mind this will all be dyno tuned from the same guy who has already tuned my car once and is very familiar with all of the mods I am proposing.

The current thought process is that I would get these mods out of the way with a good tune before summer gets here. Last time I got dyno tuned it was over 100° in the bay in the middle of July. bleh. But, get this over and done with and then move toward getting the full FTBR kit to really plant the power to the road. But I can tackle that project in my garage over a few weeks at a later date :)

crap this thread got long. I tend to overthink things.....

:lol:

quick95gt

Established Member
I'd like to hear results of this dyno wise. I have the same setup besides idlers with 150 wet on the stock eaton and want to put the ported on and lower the shot. Good luck ! Keep it updated power wise. And to answer the question my tuner said a bap and 60s would be fine.

Grimster

Established Member
I'd like to hear results of this dyno wise. I have the same setup besides idlers with 150 wet on the stock eaton and want to put the ported on and lower the shot. Good luck ! Keep it updated power wise. And to answer the question my tuner said a bap and 60s would be fine.

which wet kit did you end up using?

ctgreddy

Established Member
My mods are what you're after, however mines not tuned yet, it's winter here and I will not drive the car to break in the clutch until the salt is gone. Injectors will be hit or miss, i'm going to try using my stockers as since I have a stock lower i'm only planning on the 490-500whp area and most stock injectors are good with that. I have a bap and mafia tho and most other mods as you. For nitrous I have a nos wet kit, I'm going to start with a 75 jetting and then take some 100's depending on where my power/fpdc is at after the 75 pull. All my runs will be on straight 93. I'm hoping for ~500whp boost only and ~600whp on spray. for how cheap a nitrous kit is it's hard not to do it. especially since like me, you also have the n2mb so the nitrous controller is cheap. I just ordered my controller last week and that was the last piece of the puzzle needed on my end.

ctgreddy

Established Member
It's a nx mainline kit with a Harris speedworks controller and nano. It's a nice kit kind of pieced together spraying in plenum.

Do you have a picture of where your nozzle is mounted in your plenum? Thats something I still have left to do and would like ideas of where to put it so it's not in the way of the throttle linkage.

quick95gt

Established Member
B53B5E9E-3224-46A8-BDC9-4163384F9AA9-2313-00000277803854D0.jpg

A79FBF88-B0F7-47B8-9982-C5B0F95212A0-2313-000002778866C2DB.jpg

Gold fitting is purge, lost the piece holding purge line on so that's why it's open currently. I'm re routing the purge to come out the snakes mouth in grill.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
1. adding BAP and injectors along with my current mods enough for the ported blower? Planning on sticking with the 2.76 upper and stock lower
-to take advantage of the port, a lower is the way to go.
2.9x / 4 or 6#

2. with the injectors and bap...is that sufficient for a 75 dry shot of nitrous or will the fuel pumps (stock) be a limiting factor?
-dry 75 yes.

3. Im assuming 100 shot with a wet kit would be no problem.
-sure

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
Thanks for the pics quick, that's where I'm gonna put my nozzle at then. good placement.

Users who are viewing this thread