Samsung T.V.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I am looking at getting either a Plasma or LCD samsung. I am wanting to see if anyone here has either one of these models...and if so how do they like them?

Samsung FP-T5084 50" -Plasma

SAMSUNG - LNT5265F 52" - LCD

2004 Culebra

Established Member
I got the Plasma, either way they are both off the chain. The main difference is weather you want to hang the tv or not. You can get a bigger LCD for cheeper but thay are wider so you can not hang it up. That is the decision you need to make hang or stand...

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
What? The Plasama is probably less expensive for it's size and the width has absolutely nothing to do this either technology.

Go here and do some research.

Last edited:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
What? The Plasama is probably less expensive for it's size and the width has absolutely nothing to do this either technology.

Go here and do some research.

Where?

I have done a lot of research on both T.V.'s...I am just looking to see if anyone on here has any extra feedback.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
1. Alright...what will you be doing with the TV? Gaming, Movies, HD Cable?
2. How far away will you be from it?
3. How bright is the room?
4. How much are you looking to spend?

We'll start there...

I've got the Sammy 5054 by the way (not bad for college..and no, i paid for it!)

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If you can get a great deal on the Plasma, get it. Plasma is still superior to LCD, the only deciding factor may be the glare on a plasma depending on the room setup.

Oh, heres the website link. http://www.avsforum.com/

Last edited:

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Just some info to start you off with....Pro's and Cons:read:

Plasma
Pros- Better Black levels than LCD (90% of the time), No motion blur, Darker/Deeper Colors
Cons- Image Retention, Pretty reflective screen on some

LCD
Pros- No Image Retention(good for gaming), Most high end models have similar black level performance, Brighter whites on average
Cons- Some have Motion Blur, Colors can be lacking along with blacks

Hope this helps some, even later on for the Search button!:thumbsup:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Just some info to start you off with....Pro's and Cons:read:

Plasma
Pros- Better Black levels than LCD (90% of the time), No motion blur, Darker/Deeper Colors
Cons- Image Retention, Pretty reflective screen on some

LCD
Pros- No Image Retention(good for gaming), Most high end models have similar black level performance, Brighter whites on average
Cons- Some have Motion Blur, Colors can be lacking along with blacks

Hope this helps some, even later on for the Search button!:thumbsup:

Add to the list:

Plasma: More accurate colors, Better viewing angles, greater clarity, lower cost per square inch.

Last edited:

FEARED

Established Member
Sumsung sucks! My 42 inch has broken 6 times in 2 years.. the screen goes black, or the dvd player doesnt work, etc..

Im just glad its under warranty still. Its not a plasma, but the customer service i recieved was trash, i will no longer buy anything from that company.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I've got a 42" Toshiba Plasma, and a 46" Samsung LCD. I'll say the Plasma has better color and response, but it also weighs a friggin ton.
My plasma is about 2.5 years old, and is 1080i. The LCD is 1080p. However, there's not a lot of obvious quality difference between the two. My plasma is easier to view in a bright room though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread