samsung galaxy tab 10.1

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
I just recently got one as my birthday gift and let me just say WOW. This thing is great, and i would recommend it to anyone that is on the market for a tablet pc. (m actually usimg it to type this out ) the picture on this thing is amazing when watching videos, the color is drool worthy lol.

The thing performs everything i make it do without a hitch. Personally i like it better than the ipad2 but to each his own. Now for the camera....i dont knowwhy but seeing the camera view on this big screen just cracks me up and the look on ppls faces when they realize i just took a pic of them on this thing is priceless :) . Anyways just thought i would let u guys knkw how shes working, more to come as i use it more. But so far A+:banana:

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Thanks for the review. I was wanting one but since there is no sd card slot it killed it for me. I'm looking at a cheaper Asus Transformer now.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
I really wanted the Galaxy tab when it was first announced, but it took too long to come out so I went with the iPad2. I'm happy, for now.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Motorola Xoom for me.. (and with the Honeycomb 3.2 operating system upgrade my wi-fi only version the microSD slot works, the 3G doesn't have that yet) also I got it at the Navy Exchange for about 450 bones(no sales tax). Battery life is great (over 10 hours of video etc, but I think most of the tablets are like that)

YMMV...

wjk

Established Member
I've been researching them for awhile, and I'm not sure which one I'll pick up. From what I've read the Ipad 2 seems to be best in terms of design (lightweight, thin, etc) but I kind of hate Apple... and would prefer something that doesn't limit me from using Flash or anything else.

Lately the Toshiba Thrive has been catching my attention. Nice to have USB, HDMI, and an SD slot.

Anyways, thanks for the review. I'll definitely have to check that one out!

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I just got an iPad2 personally. The apps are sick, but IMO, Android is the superior OS.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Thanks for the review. I was wanting one but since there is no sd card slot it killed it for me. I'm looking at a cheaper Asus Transformer now.

:rollseyes Is it really that much trouble to spend 50 cents on a usb sd adaptor off of ebay? I have like 20 of them laying around on my floor.

Last edited:

blumnday99

Established Member
I had a Notion Ink Adam...sold it and got a Motorola Xoom....returned that and ended up getting a Galaxy 10.1. I think it's fantastic and the official Samsung case / stand is great. I want to see the Galaxy 8.9 sometime...and may end up trading in my 10.1 for it.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
:rollseyes Is it really that much trouble to spend 50 cents on a usb sd adaptor off of ebay? I have like 20 of them laying around on my floor.

Lol ok appreciate the info I all ready know. It's still an important factor for me. :rolleyes

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I had the Xoom and Ipad 2. I liked the XOOM more for the hardware aspect but when I got it (launch) the APPS were lacking BIG TIME. The cameras were way better than the iPad 2 but the screen even though had a high resolution wasn't as vibrant as the iPad and the colors would wash out at angles. The Honeycomb was new as well and buggy. I'm willing to bet it's much better now than it was then. I think when I got rid of it was right after the first update to the OS.

If I buy another tablet, I'm probably going to wait until the specs on the iPad 3 come out.

truefiveo

Established Member
I say go with the Galaxy Tab 7inch P1000 they will be cheaper now since the 8.5 and 10 are released.

The 7 inch is more mobile and can fit in most pockets. I love mines!

None of these Tabs still have what really counts.....A FREAKIN USB PORT!

Last edited:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member

No, I haven't gotten the update yet.

I got mine for $300 bucks too :rockon:. Staples was running a $100 off tablets coupon a couple weeks ago and my local Toys-R-Us matched it. Now I just need to get the keyboard/dock. Once it comes down to around $100, I'm a buyer. I just don't feel it's worth $150.

Users who are viewing this thread