Samsung Galaxy S4 clones

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
When our contract ran out a few years ago, the wife and I decided to try out Straight Talk. So far we couldn't be anymore happy with the service. 90% of the time we are on some kind of WiFi so 4g service is not crucial to us. Anyway we bought cheap android powered phones to just to make sure we was gonna be happy with the swap. So a few weeks ago we decided to pick up two unlocked Galaxy S4. I meet a guy in Atlanta and gave him $600 for two of them, they were GT-I9500 models. We tested the phones and all seemed fine. When I got home I inserted the SIM cards and got it all setup. Well I got to noticing my phone was pretty glitchy and the camera seemed a little off. I compared mine to a buddy's after work and i knew something wasn't right. After doing a quite of bit of research I found out there was such thing as a Galaxy S4 clone. I downloaded a few apps from play store that can test the authenticity of the phones. They are clones. The camera is half he MP, the processor is half the speed, the RAM is tiny, the screen is 720 not 1080, and quite a few other things as well. I also found out these things are running on a Linux software setup to look like Android. Anyway, Ebay is getting flooded with these clones and going for like $20 a piece. There are apps in the store that can test the phone and tell to if they are genuine or not. I just found out a little late. Beware

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
so now you should call him again and see if he can get you two more phones, sound all interested, meet up, and beat that ass. Or get a refund.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
thanks for the heads up. sorry you got duped like that, total bummer. :(
Yea it sucks, but I've read online online of some guys get taken for $600 on one phone. I see it as a expensive lesson.

so now you should call him again and see if he can get you two more phones, sound all interested, meet up, and beat that ass. Or get a refund.

I tried that. He was a on a prepaid network also, he changed his number after the transaction. I met him in a congested area for the purchase. I am usually cautious of scams but I have never heard of a cloned smartphone. I know now.
I just wanted to get my experience out so maybe it will keep someone else from getting bit.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
there are cloned phones EVERYWHERE. you just have to google it. there's even a cloned galaxy note 3.

while a costly error for anyone looking for the real thing, some of the clones are a good cheap phone that will give you 90% of the real deal.

the worst are memory cards. they can be made to look like they can store more than they can. guess the thing to really watch out for are the prices. if it's too good to be true...

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
One of the apps i downloaded tells me what model processor i have. Turns out it is the same one used in a Note 2. The main problem with this clone is the tiny RAM and camera. Other than that, to be a clone, it is impressive. Keep the RAM clean and it runs pretty good. This is a higher end deal, you can not physically tell it is a clone. A software app has to be run on it to tell if it is genuine. Hell, I'm gonna use it a few months and see if the price drops on the S4 when the S5 comes out.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
there are cloned phones EVERYWHERE. you just have to google it. there's even a cloned galaxy note 3.

while a costly error for anyone looking for the real thing, some of the clones are a good cheap phone that will give you 90% of the real deal.

the worst are memory cards. they can be made to look like they can store more than they can. guess the thing to really watch out for are the prices. if it's too good to be true...

I did heavy research on the S4, specifically the GT-I9500 model before I bought them. Never once did I see anything about a clone. The more i fooled with it after I bought it, the more I found problems. While searching these problems online is when I found the clone stuff. I have found out the I phones are cloned too.

Users who are viewing this thread