Samsung 55 LED...randomly all 4 HDMI ports stopped working..any help?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Any help from the gurus that I can try tonight after work.

Had the cable box and PS3 in HDMI ports 1 and 2. Those stopped working out of the blue yesterday (we did have a big storm but none of my neighbord reported any lightening issues and everything else works in the house). Swapped them to ports 3 and 4 and still nothing. Put PS3 and cable box up to another TV and they work fine. Reset factory setttings on the TV alse per Samsungs help desk and nothing..there next idea is to take it in to be serviced. TV is 3 years old. If it helps its a UN55c6300 55" LED.

Are HDMI ports easy to replace? Cheap? is this common?

I read some "reset" procedures for the HDMI ports last night on some forums ill try today also. I also got 3 brand new HDMI cables as well.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ahhhh yes, its a common thing, somewhat. Same crap happened to my Dad's but the weird thing is his actually see's something connected but it doesn't show anything/work, says signal lost. Only thing I can come up with is that it fried the HDMI board.

Try this, this might fix it for you.
[youtube_browser]Oo-KiKd83M0[/youtube_browser]

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Ahhhh yes, its a common thing, somewhat. Same crap happened to my Dad's but the weird thing is his actually see's something connected but it doesn't show anything/work, says signal lost. Only thing I can come up with is that it fried the HDMI board.

Try this, this might fix it for you.
[youtube_browser]Oo-KiKd83M0[/youtube_browser]

Mine actually says "check connection, etc, etc" when scrolling through the sources. If I am on the source with the HDMI from the cable box it will say "check connection" and if i unplug the HDMI from the port the prompt then switches to "not connected".

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I assume you have tried different HDMI cables?

What source devices are having the issue?
Yup different cables. It worked fine, just one day they changed the Cable HD boxes and it stopped getting signal. Any device, PS3/4, 360, Blu Ray Players, DVR Boxes, etc. It can see a device plugged in since the source list gets light up but when I click on it, it can't find any signal. Doesn't matter what port I plug it into, it just shows it on the list but wont find signal.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Yup different cables. It worked fine, just one day they changed the Cable HD boxes and it stopped getting signal. Any device, PS3/4, 360, Blu Ray Players, DVR Boxes, etc. It can see a device plugged in since the source list gets light up but when I click on it, it can't find any signal. Doesn't matter what port I plug it into, it just shows it on the list but wont find signal.

Probably a board then.

Ive seen the issue you described crop up when putting a bluray player on an older TV and the old TV doesnt like the incoming signal and it'll say "check signal".

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Mine actually says "check connection, etc, etc" when scrolling through the sources. If I am on the source with the HDMI from the cable box it will say "check connection" and if i unplug the HDMI from the port the prompt then switches to "not connected".
Yeah its the same crap. You're not getting signal. It shows the device plugged in the source list but it won't show it on the TV.
Probably a board then.

Ive seen the issue you described crop up when putting a bluray player on an older TV and the old TV doesnt like the incoming signal and it'll say "check signal".
Yeah I thought the same thing, I even reset the PS3 to 480P thinking it was gonna work, nope, did nothing. I figured its the board since I tried resetting it, doing all the crap and did nothing. Just sucks how it did it from a simple box change.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I've got a Samsung 50A550 in a guest room that basically does the same thing. It'll turn itself on and off about 3-5 times and then finally come on. Doesn't seem to do it when connected by component cables, just HDMI. Sometimes it'll make a VEERY loud buzzing noise for about 10 seconds, then shut off and when it powers back on it'll be fine. Only does it at start up & does it every single time.

YJSONLY

Established Member
is that something that is plug and play? or is there some soldering involved or anything?

Are you as sure as you can be that the board is the problem or could it be something else?

and for those wondering. My deductable is $1000 on lightening strikes.

Shouldn't be any soldering. At least on mine there wasn't that was 3-4 year old samsung. I has other issues which they (service techs for best buy) couldn't figure out and they replaced it!!!

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
This can happen with a lightning surge also. My step dads was hit in a storm and everything worked except hdmi ports. Had to have a new board put in.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
This can happen with a lightning surge also. My step dads was hit in a storm and everything worked except hdmi ports. Had to have a new board put in.

We jus found at that a house 1 street over had a direct hit. Kinda random it only did anything to ours. None of the 5-6 neighbors next door I've spoken with had any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread