Sample tune

taran_svt

I’m new to this so please be respectful I’ve had my car tuner at a local shop but I’m not satisfied with the idle. I’m looking to see if someone is running a similar set up. The car has comp cams stage 3 , vmp 2.3 and is on e85 with 95# injectors. If anyone has a sample tune that I can look at it or their tune. So I can try and fine tune the idle and and sometimes coasting it wants to die. Any help is appreciated. Thank you all

01yellercobra

Established Member
Have you talked to your tuner about the issues? They should be able to make the tweaks remotely. Also, you need the software to look at the tune. And chances are the tune you have is locked as I doubt your tuner wants anyone messing around with it.

taran_svt

Have you talked to your tuner about the issues? They should be able to make the tweaks remotely. Also, you need the software to look at the tune. And chances are the tune you have is locked as I doubt your tuner wants anyone messing around with it.
It’s not locked . I can mess around with it if I want I have the software for it. I just can’t seem to find anyone locally or even few hours away from me . I have asked him but he think it’s normal

01yellercobra

Established Member
What software was used to tune the car? If he thinks that's normal then I'd look for another tuner. There are a couple guys on here that are really good.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
The cams make this more of a trial and error on idle settings. Just play around with the IAC duty cycle, idle rule, and idle spark. It will take some time to get it right

Blown38

Established Member
Does it stall when you Declutch?

Log the car and see what the IAC duty is warmed up at idle. 30% or so would be good. If its higher try this.

Start the car and let it warm up to operating temp. Then unplug the IAC valve while its running It will probably die. Start again and unplug IAC but try to keep it running with the throttle blade. Then slowly let the throttle close until it hits the stop and see if it will stay running. It probably won't. If it doesn't then loosen the throttle stop and adjust it so the engine will just barely idle with the IAC unplugged. Plug the IAC back in. Then you will have to go into the tune and adjust the ITHMA scalar(airflow past throttle body) Log it and see what your IAC duty is. You will also probably need to adjust the TP sensor back to below 1.0v. Also remember how many turns you did on the throtttle stop If you need to go back.

You can also try to slow the dashpot decay rate at the bottom of the slope if the IAC is around 30%.

Users who are viewing this thread