Same O same O Low Dyno #s

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
So i Brought my first 04 lightning 36k miles on her bone stock.
Add 6# lower pulley,upper idler,LFP CAI,C&L Elbow,
MY port TB, Upper plenum, and Blower, SCT2600MAf,
Rear Cats gone, and flowtech mufflers.
Took the truck to dynospeed where joe is awesome and very nice people.
The A/F is 11.9 and timing at 14*. 367hp 460tq with the torque convertor locked up.

Why so low #s?

shop temp is 90 plus
humidity is 90 plus

other people dyno with 2# or 4# and made more why?

castellscl

Established Member
what type of dyno was it?
Mine didn't get super high numbers, but there are just too many things that make these numbers fluctuate. You don't want to compare dyno numbers, compare track numbers.

Some truck problems that could cause this are:
Belt Slip (do you know how much boost you were making on the run)
Vac leak
Environment:
Those temps are pretty high, what were you IAT2 temps?
Did you let the truck cool down and also ice the intake and intercooler?

castellscl

Established Member
what type of dyno was it?
Mine didn't get super high numbers, but there are just too many things that make these numbers fluctuate. You don't want to compare dyno numbers, compare track numbers.

Some truck problems that could cause this are:
Belt Slip (do you know how much boost you were making on the run)
Vac leak
Environment:
Those temps are pretty high, what were you IAT2 temps?
Did you let the truck cool down and also ice the intake and intercooler?

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
i had my truck tuned at dynospeed... they have a dynojet. joe and the guys know their stuff.

did you port everything yourself? how much did you take out? what did joe and the guys say? what does your dyno graph look like? maybe you could scan it and post it up on here...

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
Dyno Jet is what they use a dynospeed. They do really good work and ive sent alot of people to them. The dyno sheet says the shop temp is 98.74*, 30.09 in-Hg, Humidity 15%, STD 1.02.
Dont have any vac leaks double checked that stuff, no belt slip,
making 12-13#boost. Didnt look at the IAT's but they had to be at least over 100*, yes the truck was cooled down for 45min-1hour then dynoed. Truck has always idled very nice. The truck stock back in january with 67* temps made 330hp/418tq bone freakin stock. So only have gained 37hp/42tq with mods mentioned in first post. The ported blower,i had a machinest with a milling machine bore it out like a pic i found on the net. Its not a huge port or anything just wanted to try it. But just the pulley alone should have at least brought 385hp.

At work now ,no scanner but will post sheet when i get to the house.
Just really mad i guess but nothing i can do beside put in on the track.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
If you didn't keep the intercooler iced down in the heat, the computer will pull timing. Your tuner may have your timing set at 14 degrees at WOT, But if the IAT2 temps get to high the vehicles computer will pull timing causing you to loose big HP.

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
Oh the Downstream IAT was 100* at start and went up to 142* it never pulled timing out. Monday 7th, I was there and the IC pump quit working and the temp got up too 165*and pulled timing out. So I put a new pump on and I even cleaned out the intercooler tank with carb cleaner and threw it in our stream cleaner at the shop. So the cooling problem is fixed. Really I just think its really the outside temp thats killing it. heres a pic of my custom port also. Trying to upload dynosheet but photobuket wont allow PDF on adobe.
portedblower001.jpg

Last edited:

Joe@DynoSpeed

Established Member
Oh the Downstream IAT was 100* at start and went up to 142* it never pulled timing out. Monday 7th, I was there and the IC pump quit working and the temp got up too 165*and pulled timing out. So I put a new pump on and I even cleaned out the intercooler tank with carb cleaner and threw it in our stream cleaner at the shop. So the cooling problem is fixed. Really I just think its really the outside temp thats killing it. heres a pic of my custom port also. Trying to upload dynosheet but photobuket wont allow PDF on adobe.
portedblower001.jpg

Caleb,

Man, it's just too hot right now to make any kind of decent power. The weather is killing your horsepower numbers. Your truck was seeing 14 degree's of timing with your air/fuel around 11.5 - 11.8. Your IAT2 sensor was rescaled so it would not pull any timing on the dyno.

When the weather cools down, give me a call and we will put the truck back on the rollers and you will see the difference. There's nothing wrong with your truck...:rockon:

Joe

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
I know there's nothing wrong just wanted good numbers, but hey its cool everyone knows you guys are great and i have said it time and time again ya'll do great WORK nothing to blame on your part, just summer months suck for good dyno numbers.

I did convert a 62mm throttle body from a cobra to my lightning. Grind off the head of the outside linkage stud on both TB's. Took the lightning linkage off then aglined on the cobra TB, and tack weld it in place. Mustang/Lightning TB linkage are upside down from each other so unless you can swap the linkage it will not work. But I was able to swap them and the truck is alittle more responsive now with a bigger TB. Got pics if anyone wants to see.

Users who are viewing this thread