Salt!

dannyf

Established Member
Well for the first time ever I havent been able to get my hands on a winter beater in time. My car is now covered in road salt, anyone have any tips for protecting the whip besides washing as often as possible.

filthymcnasty

Established Member
The top of the car is not where I would concern myself as clear coated surfaces can withstand salt until you are able to wash it. I would be more worried about the undercarriage (ie. bolt holes/heads and parts of the body/drivetrain that are not painted or have just the factory e-coating).

hoamskilet

Established Member
Look into one of the durable sealants/coatings like opti-coat, HD nitro seal, pinnacle black label, cquartz finest, etc.....

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Technically speaking, as long as the weather stays cold enough the salt will not harm your vehicle. You need to worry when the weather changes warmer to colder to warmer to colder etc. That's when the salt seams to do the damage to the undercarriage of the vehicle.

UncleDan

Established Member
It's going to be the same general idea for any daily driver. Apply a nice coat of a good sealant, and top that with a nice coat of a quality wax. Then just wash the car as often as you can to keep it clean and maintain the sealant/wax finish. And also, accept the fact that your car will be dirty driving it through winter.

Users who are viewing this thread