Sal's Mustang Drag Day - Sunday 4/30/06 LACR

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
This will likely be the last Sal's Drag Day at this track, so if you've ever wanted to come to one, this is it! BTW, these events are for beginners and pros alike. I did my first ever burn out at a Sal's MDD. :burnout:

What: Sal's Speed Shop's Mustang Drag Day

When: Sunday, April 30, 2006 8am-3pm

Where: Los Angeles County Raceway (LACR), Palmdale, CA www.lacr.net

Who: YOU and about 150 Mustangs & Fords

Cost: $20 to race / $10 to watch

Format: Open Grudge/ Test & Tune only.

NHRA rules apply.

Bring your Mustangs.

Bring your Fords.

Bring the family.

Bring your friends.

BUT PLEASE LEAVE THE EGOS & ATTITUDES AT HOMES!!!

See you all at MUSTANG DRAG DAY!!

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
Elevation is 2710ft expect about a 4 tenth drop in your et. dont know how well they prep the track for this event but on regular street nights it suck BALLS!!!

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
Yeah, let's put it this way... on another board I post on we have a thread JUST for LACR times, because we know our times would not be very impressive otherwise. And if you are used to Famoso prep, you will be disappointed by LACR's prep on a normal test 'n tune night. But Bernie will usually break out the VHT for the weekend events, including the Sal's MDD.

On the other hand, LACR doesn't make the street cars wait in line for one pass while the trailer queens get to run six or seven times, which is generally my experience with Famoso.

So, if you want lots of practice runs, come to LACR. If you want to run the fastest track this side of Sacramento, go to Famoso but don't screw up your run because it will be HOURS before you get to go around again.

Greg@RET

Established Member
We will be having a small cruise out there from my shop to LACR. We will be leaving at about 6am... Address is 11435 Downey Ave. Downey CA. 90241

Users who are viewing this thread