Salmonella or just food poisoning?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I've had diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, and now 100 degree fever. This has been going on for the past 7 hours. I saw that food poisoning had everything but the fever, and Salmonella had the fever. So a little worried, my doctor's office doesn't open till 9 so if you have any opinons please feel free to share. :(

BTW I had some chicken pasta from Red Lobster and some Reese's peanut butter cups. Hopefully it's just a bad case of food poisoning rather than Salmonella.

kaotic

Established Member
97riocobra2 said:
just keep hydrated and you'll be fine.

Something like that happened to me a couple weeks ago, just drink a lot of water and Gatorade's and you will be fine.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Take a Finnergan (sp?). That will clear out your whole system. You have to put the medicine up your ass though. It's worth it though. Once I was vomiting non-stop. Even if I tried to drink water, as soon as I swalled the first sip, I would immediately vomit. I took a Finnergan, fell asleep for the whole day, then I was better. Have a friend of your's run to the pharmacy and pick it up for you.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Lots of water. How often are you exploding?

Are the stomach cramps the kind that make you double over in pain?

97riocobra2

Established Member
HA, they don't need a freakin enema. Taking anti-diarrheals and such do not help or speed up the recovery from food poisoning. The only thing to really do is keep hydrated and take something to keep the fever down if it will stay down that is.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Appreciate it everybody. :) I'm trying to keep hydrated as best I can and it has calmed down. But before the cramps were pretty bad and "exploding" was every few minutes haha. I'm sure ya'll love to hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread