Saleen Watts Link Suspensions Rock!!

JimIII@jdm

Drove my first car with the Watts link the other day and man all i can say is wow!! He came in the other day to get the Watts Link that we have on sale for $995, which only took 3 hrs to install. We have had a few guys in our shop drive the cars before and after and they have all said the same thing! So i wanted to get an idea for myself first hand. I took out a customers car that was saleen supercharged and has our upgrades making around 470 RWHP that we had just installed the kit on. Now from my experiences previous to this the cars really wanted to come around on you if you shifted 1-2 or 2-3 hard. The tires spin and the rear end walks away from you, making it very hard to control and keep straight! Well with the Watts link in tact the car stayed straight as an arrow even though the tires were in a blaze of glory. The car launches better from a dead stand still as well. It really is a night and day difference the way the cars handle and drive with these!! These things are a must for all S197's!! The driveability, handling, and now saftey factor from getting the car too sideways is all worth it! Every person i have spoken to since they had this installed all have said the same thing!

JimIII

JimIII@jdm

swoosh_stang said:
So does the watts link only have a spring on the left side?

That's interesting.

this pic was taken just to show what the watts looks like, they do use both springs (the car was being worked on while i took the picture.

JimIII

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
I have EVO control arms on my car now, can I use the Watt's link and keep my current control arms, springs and shocks???

JimIII@jdm

03Terminator said:
I have EVO control arms on my car now, can I use the Watt's link and keep my current control arms, springs and shocks???

these are for 05+ cars only, i think your talking about a 03 cobra??

on a 05+ car with any lower control arm they will work even with relocation brackets for the lower arms.

JimIII

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
JimIII@jdm said:
these are for 05+ cars only, i think your talking about a 03 cobra??

on a 05+ car with any lower control arm they will work even with relocation brackets for the lower arms.

JimIII

Nope, I have a 07 S197 Mustang GT. It currently has Tokico D Spec shocks, Eibach Springs, BMR Adj upper third link, Steeda Adj pan hard bar and brace and Evo lower control arms. I know I have ditch the pan hard bar and brace but would like to keep the other suspension components if possible.

JimIII@jdm

03Terminator said:
Nope, I have a 07 S197 Mustang GT. It currently has Tokico D Spec shocks, Eibach Springs, BMR Adj upper third link, Steeda Adj pan hard bar and brace and Evo lower control arms. I know I have ditch the pan hard bar and brace but would like to keep the other suspension components if possible.

The pan hard and brace wouldn't fly but the rest stays, The Watts links adds alot for the overall handling feel of the car and will aid with straight line traction too. We are still doing these kits for $995 shipped so call me if you or anyone is interested 732-780-0770. You can get a couple bucks for the panhard and brace too selling it to someone.

JimIII

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
JimIII@jdm said:
The pan hard and brace wouldn't fly but the rest stays, The Watts links adds alot for the overall handling feel of the car and will aid with straight line traction too. We are still doing these kits for $995 shipped so call me if you or anyone is interested 732-780-0770. You can get a couple bucks for the panhard and brace too selling it to someone.

JimIII

Thanks!!! :beer:

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
One last question, can the Watts link be used with the stock front sway bar or should I upgrade to the Saleen front sway bar???

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
JimIII@jdm said:
Drove my first car with the Watts link the other day and man all i can say is wow!!....
JimIII

how does this compare to the griggs watts link?

Kevin@PAS said:
Griggs rear suspension
GT500Blue%2033%20800.jpg

GT500Blue%2030%20800.jpg

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
how does this compare to the griggs watts link?

Both designs look similar. I look at the Griggs and it's more expensive than the Saleen. The diff cover is sold seperate from the Watts link as well as the torque arm. It can get pricy compared to the Saleen which is all inclusive. I priced out the Griggs set up on their site, the torque arm, diff cover, and Watts Link kit and it came to $1858.90 :eek:

http://www.griggsracing.com/index.php?cPath=10_1030_2040

Last edited:

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
The torque arm isn't required. Note that the Griggs unit is height adjustable whereas the Salinky isn't. It also has rod ends. On the street the Saleen unit is fine, but on the race track the Griggs is much better.

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
The torque arm isn't required. Note that the Griggs unit is height adjustable whereas the Salinky isn't. It also has rod ends. On the street the Saleen unit is fine, but on the race track the Griggs is much better.

JimIII@jdm

RodeoFlyer said:

Thats the thing Saleen designed these for street applications, it was built and ran on production street cars (that were built in honor of a track car) The handling and ride quality from the Saleen kit is superb. The system is absolutley quiet, no noises whatsoever.

JimIII

Users who are viewing this thread