Saleen vs. t66 supra

CTmatt

Established Member
i did a search looking for saleen videos, and i really didnt come up with much. there were a bunch of threads about a saleen racing a nice t66supra, but none of the video links work anymore. i looked online and couldnt find it anywhere. does anybody have this link that works still? also, feel free to post any other saleen videos you think i may like. thanks:D

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
yeah i got that vid somewhere on my computer, just need someone to host it. That saleen is fu*king sick!! It just destroys the supra... period. :coolman:

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
yah i have the vid saved in my file but i have no idea how to do anything with it, the saleen is a E 445 hp kills the supra on the roll good video

CTmatt

Established Member
thanks for posting it......i wish it were daylight to see the race a little bit better, but either way, both cars were pretty mean.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
the saleen is a E 445 hp kills the supra on the roll good video
Ok, before we get into this again, lets clear this up. The saleen had a centrifugal type blower, so its not a regular saleen. The supra should have been making anywhere from 500-650rwhp, so from a roll, a saleen 'E' could not beat it.

BlackDemon

Established Member
Guys... that video is mislabled...

Thats not an S-281-E at all...

It a modded 99 S-351...

S-351's came with 495 HP stock and were very underrated...
They usually dyno'ed 470+ stock and thats ones modded...

The Supra didnt stand a chance

Just to clear up any confusion

:)

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
Ok, before we get into this again, lets clear this up. The saleen had a centrifugal type blower, so its not a regular saleen. The supra should have been making anywhere from 500-650rwhp, so from a roll, a saleen 'E' could not beat it.
Actually that is a S-351 which does have centrifugal blower. A good friend of mine has one it is a 99 with a 351 windsor and Vortech S-trim. While they are very rare Saleen did make them. If not for my friends I wouldn't believe it had a 351 either let alone an S-trim. My friend just dyno'd his 4 months ago and it made right around 550 on a mustang dynojet. Of course he also has a 2000 S-281 with a PT-67 tubo. That video is on Livernois's website it makes 667. I believe it has been posted on here before.:bowdown:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Actually that is a S-351 which does have centrifugal blower
I know the S351's had centrifugals, but most people seem to think all the saleens are 4.6L's with a roots type blower.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
how do u know its not an E and it is mislabelled the color of the car looked like the dark red which was not introduced till after 99' which was the last year of the 351 sc saleen idk?

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I know the S351's had centrifugals, but most people seem to think all the saleens are 4.6L's with a roots type blower.
Oh I thought you were saying they didn't have centrifugals.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Oh I thought you were saying they didn't have centrifugals.
sorry about that, I guess I should have clarified that. In another thread everyone kept saying the 4.6L saleen beat the supra, thats why I wanted to hurry up and let everyone know it was a heavily modded 351. Still an awsome car though, it sounded great. To pull on a T66 supra from a ROLL means you have one really fast car.

blownstang

Established Member
You can tell by how it sounds, it not an E which would be a roots blower. You can hear the whistle which is distinctly the Vortech S-trim. The blower I have on my car is a S-trim off of a brand new 99 S-351!

Users who are viewing this thread