Saleen Supercharger

02saleen

Established Member
So I am saving up for a superchager. I wan to go with a saleen superhcarger even though what i heard was that they were not engineered that well. I am looking at a 1.6 or 2.3 is there a big power difference between the two. is it worth going with the 2.3 because i will need to build my motor...i dont want that much power...i want to stick with saleen to keepmy car some what stock

1.6 is $5,500

2.3 is $7,000

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
The 2.3 is a Whipple twin screw blower that is capable of well over 600 rwhp
Your bottom end doesn't have to be built right away. stick with 9 psi and a conservative tune

THAITED

Established Member
go big with bigger pulley for less boost. Once you upgrade you bottom end, you don't have to buy your S/C again.

02saleen

Established Member
so you guys recomend i get the big one already so when i do want the power i'll have the capabilty....

gues i wont get my sc till next summer instead of next winter lol

whats the max hp/tq a stock gt motor can handle?

THAITED

Established Member
No more than 425 to the wheels 400 rwtqr but if you really have a good tuner, you might get a little more. Mine stock bottom blew up at 425 rwhp after 1 year.

02saleen

Established Member
No more than 425 to the wheels 400 rwtqr but if you really have a good tuner, you might get a little more. Mine stock bottom blew up at 425 rwhp after 1 year.

cool as far as tune i'll take my car to greg at ret and prob get a 3.5 or bigger pulley to keep the boost down i dont drive it to much so hopefully it will hold up until i get my engine built which mmr told me it would be 2400

did you race your car before your engine blew or did you just drive it normal?

THAITED

Established Member
cool as far as tune i'll take my car to greg at ret and prob get a 3.5 or bigger pulley to keep the boost down i dont drive it to much so hopefully it will hold up until i get my engine built which mmr told me it would be 2400

did you race your car before your engine blew or did you just drive it normal?

I drove it hard until it's gone. To me, it was worth the fun.:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread