Saleen Supercharger On 99 Gt

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
Hey guys I am running a stock 2v bottom end in my 99 Gt as of right now, and I am getting a Saleen roots supercharger this weekend. It comes with the supercharger, upper and lower intake, 75mm throttle body, water to air intercooler, and 30lb injectors. I know that I still need to upgrade my fuel pump and get it retuned. Is there anything else I need to make this run safely on my car. I don't plan on running any higher boost than stock. Also does anyone know what kind of numbers I can be expecting? I see many more prochargers than saleen superchargers. Is there benefits of one over the other? I am really eager to get it all on and running, but I want to do it right the first time.

Last edited:

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
I DID IT ON MY 03 GT
m_2d7d5efab011f0a672e0ab8c7f0cc0d0.jpg

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
I THINK IF MEMORY SERVES ME, THE 03 GT CAME WITH 260 HP AT THE CRANK. IT MADE 345 RWHP WHEN DONE. WHEN I WENT VORTECH T TRIM IT MADE 430 RWHP WITH AIR TO AIR INTERCOOLER.
m_9386e2d81bd73ff89429a00ec11a4328.jpg

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
Thanks for the speedy input. I am trying to keep this as reliable as possible seeing that it is my only vehicle. I hear that the stock internals are good up to 400 rwhp so I am going to try to keep in under that.

20stang02

Established Member
What series is the Saleen blower? They are not all the same.

A friend of mine has a Saleen blower on his '00GT, made around 320 rwhp and did 12.6@ 109mph at the track w/ 3.55's

And its not a twin screw, its a roots

OldSkoolStang

Established Member
A buddy of mine had this same supercharger on his '99 Mustang GT. I was not very impressed with it at all, but it did improve power......He had a lot of belt slipping issues with only 6 lbs of boost, but who knows something else could have been wrong......I think his car ran around a 8.5x in the 1/8th mile on street tires with the supercharger, versus a 9.4x stock.

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
a buddy of mine had this same supercharger on his '99 mustang gt. I was not very impressed with it at all, but it did improve power......he had a lot of belt slipping issues with only 6 lbs of boost, but who knows something else could have been wrong......i think his car ran around a 8.5x in the 1/8th mile on street tires with the supercharger, versus a 9.4x stock.

i ran a 2.8 and a 2.4 with the stock lower, ran a 2.1 and 1.9 with the underdrive lower, still never had any belt slip.

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
Yeah, I have done some more research and I think I am going to pass on the saleen blower. I am just going to hold off on supercharging it until I can afford one that will be worth it. Thanks for all the helpful advise!

Screamin'04

Established Member
The Saleen Series IV is a 1.7L displacement blower (IIRC)... We put one on a friends GT and it put down 350RWHP (although it was later exagerated by him to be 450RWHP)... It was during that install that I asked myself... "Why couldn't I just put an Eaton on my 2 Valve?"...

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
The Saleen Series IV is a 1.7L displacement blower (IIRC)... We put one on a friends GT and it put down 350RWHP (although it was later exagerated by him to be 450RWHP)... It was during that install that I asked myself... "Why couldn't I just put an Eaton on my 2 Valve?"...

they have a kit to put a cobra eaton on a 2 valve

Screamin'04

Established Member
Yes, they do...

I was the one that approached Ron af FAST (FAST was doing the R&D for Tork Tech) the very next day about creating one... Talked him into the concept that there was a market for it (with all of the take-off Eatons floating around), and helped him see the light and redesign their Gen 1 Magnason manifold into their Gen 2 Manifold with the IC lines exiting the front instead of the top/rear on the Gen 1. When we had all of the kinks worked out, he told me that they wouldn't go to production with it until the Gen 1's were sold out (which was 8 months to a year out).

So, I took the prototype of the Gen 1 manifold (that he sent me during the development) and machined all of the changes that we had discussed and some of my own (to use an OE IC instead of the proprietary Tork Tech IC). I now have the Eaton on my 2 valve with my own designed manifold that supports all OE 03/04 Cobra induction pieces including the Intercooler (which Ron/Tork Tech's doesn't)... The only thing that is TT is the cross brace and lower pulley. This is exactly where Tork Tech got the concept for their M112 Eaton "Kit". :)

His pricemark is also way off of where we had originally discussed. So hopefully, after I finish all of the CAD and modeling work, I can go to production with my design, and hopefully be more "cost effective" for the swap/retrofit. At their price mark, it doesn't make any sense to use the Eaton... At mine, it does... I've got less than $3k in mine total (well, minus the AN fittings, fuel rails and braided line, which is not a necessity for the install).

The only thing I have left to work out right now with it is the upper radiator hose assembly. What I have now is fully functional, it's just "less than attractive".

101_2776.jpg

101_2777.jpg

Last edited:

cinch1985

Established Member
Yes, they do...

I was the one that approached Ron af FAST (FAST was doing the R&D for Tork Tech) the very next day about creating one... Talked him into the concept that there was a market for it (with all of the take-off Eatons floating around), and helped him see the light and redesign their Gen 1 Magnason manifold into their Gen 2 Manifold with the IC lines exiting the front instead of the top/rear on the Gen 1. When we had all of the kinks worked out, he told me that they wouldn't go to production with it until the Gen 1's were sold out (which was 8 months to a year out).

So, I took the prototype of the Gen 1 manifold (that he sent me during the development) and machined all of the changes that we had discussed and some of my own (to use an OE IC instead of the proprietary Tork Tech IC). I now have the Eaton on my 2 valve with my own designed manifold that supports all OE 03/04 Cobra induction pieces including the Intercooler (which Ron/Tork Tech's doesn't)... The only thing that is TT is the cross brace and lower pulley. This is exactly where Tork Tech got the concept for their M112 Eaton "Kit". :)

His pricemark is also way off of where we had originally discussed. So hopefully, after I finish all of the CAD and modeling work, I can go to production with my design, and hopefully be more "cost effective" for the swap/retrofit. At their price mark, it doesn't make any sense to use the Eaton... At mine, it does... I've got less than $3k in mine total (well, minus the AN fittings, fuel rails and braided line, which is not a necessity for the install).

The only thing I have left to work out right now with it is the upper radiator hose assembly. What I have now is fully functional, it's just "less than attractive".

101_2776.jpg

101_2777.jpg

i would be really interested in this if you get it into production.

Users who are viewing this thread