Saleen S281 Wing, Bullitt Side Scoops, Shaved Antenna on Sonic Blue Convertible

03gtcoupe

Banned
S281 spoiler

Your cobra looks awesome!!!!!!! I was thinking of doing the rear S281 spoiler on mine also.Were did you buy the spoiler and how hard was it to install? Also did it cover all he old spoiler holes?Again it looks so nice.I also have a Sonic Blue 03 Cobra but its a coupe.

Last edited:

FF3

Established Member
Very nice :thumbsup: Hard to tell from the pics, but did you have a body shop fill the hole of the antenna?

LS2Killa

Banned
Shaved anntena, and radio ????

Jason, what did u do about the stereo reception without the anntena ?

FordRacing200

Banned
undrpresr said:
Haha Scott I'm not gonna lie. I DID copy you! I saw your car and absolutely fell in love, soon I want to change the wheels but I'm having a hard time deciding.

The wing I purchased from Haney Motorsports. Its a direct ship from Saleen. The wing is pretty much a pain in the ass to prep and install. You have to drill all the holes for the third brake light and the wing had to be prepped more than most aftermarket body parts. Fitment is "ok" All i had to do was put good electrical tape over the holes you don't use--I didn't think filling them was necessary. But yes, it does cover them all. Installing the wing is absolutely a pain. Since you have to double side tape the top and back side of the trunk lid, its extremely difficult to get it in the right place without sticking. It took me and friend about 3 times until I got it on right--and where its at now its still about a 1/4" too far to the right and doesn't line up perfectly. I've been meaning to rip it back off one of these days and align it perfectly. Other than that, I think it looks great! :rockon:
I love the S281 1 piece wing, I'd go CCW's for wheels, they're badass! Car looks great, I'm not a fan of the BULLITT side scoops though, they look too cheap for my tastes.

SpectorV

Established Member
i loved my s281 on my 01 mustang but Im going to keep my stock 03 cobra for now.. the fitment of the saleen was nice but no perfect~ seems they have gotten worse in the last bit and the "new mold" is just as bad as the old ones~

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
Looks sweet! I ordered my Saleen 3 piece earlier this week for my 03 coupe! I love these wings!!

sonicobra500

Established Member
I have it on my sonicblue cobra as well and it was hard to install, but you can't make it look any better from the rear with the saleen wing, it's just awesome looking.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
dude I have that spoiler to but the shop that I got it put on yet didnt install it right and I dont know who to take it to!

Matt M PA

Established Member
Maybe I am missing something...but doesn't the tint on the tails make them that much less visible? I mean, it looks awesome, but I'd be concerned about liability. Besides being hassled by police, I'm thinking that if you got rear-ended....that you could be responsible by having "tampered" with the tail lights.

SpectorV

Established Member
the 3 peice looks very odd... I dont know why they didnt just update the single one to be a little more boxy (as the 3 peice top part does)

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
undrpresr said:
Soon I will be putting the tint on the saleen brake light and also my light bar brakelight.

Pick up an extra of each for me, if you could. I haven't found them anywhere. Or get me a sheet of the goods if that's the route you're going.

Thanks Jason.

LS2Killa

Banned
undrpresr said:
For stereo reception I relocated the antenna to my passenger's side a-pillar (I ran a "wire" style antenna--works good) Ill get pics up soon.

The tint is www.ninosport.com. I called and specified I wanted 100% blackout tint. The tint they will send you is 50% unless you specifiy otherwise. The blackout is the only way to go, I put on the 50% and it wasn't dark enough for my taste. Soon I will be putting the tint on the saleen brake light and also my light bar brakelight.

I have NO SPACER in the rear. These are AFS Chrome 03 replicas with Nitto 315 on the back. I had to grind the IRS bolt down a little, but no there is no spacer.
Cool good idea :-D

Users who are viewing this thread