Saleen Owners needed

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Can one of you Sallen owners please measure your build number on your front bumper? I am adding the same style vynal with my build number and I need some size specs.

Thanks guys

carnut726

Established Member
I never saw the front bumper thing done but i have seen the buld number done in polished aluminum in the same script style as the SVT symbol on the back and then put in place of the SVT Symbol. It looked really good, but it was an all custom thing. It might look good. subscribing for pix.

wma8706

Established Member
Is this the look you want?
dscf1816h.jpg

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Maybe I can elaborate on my distaste of this mod.

1. Your vehicle is not a saleen.
2. Only mustang enthusiasts know what a saleen is
3. Basically nobody knows what a cobra is
4. Even fewer people understand the significance of a number on the front bumper.

So basically, people in the know will think you're trying to make your car look like a saleen, people not in the know will think its a company or rental car or something, and it simply looks a bit ridiculous.

I'm sure you know all this already and don't care, but something to consider.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Maybe I can elaborate on my distaste of this mod.
1. Your vehicle is not a saleen.
2. Only mustang enthusiasts know what a saleen is
3. Basically nobody knows what a cobra is
4. Even fewer people understand the significance of a number on the front bumper.
So basically, people in the know will think you're trying to make your car look like a saleen, people not in the know will think its a company or rental car or something, and it simply looks a bit ridiculous.

I'm sure you know all this already and don't care, but something to consider.

I do, I dont want my car to look like a Saleen, its not one. I also dont want to waste a lot of money on body mods like most people on here do, but I do want my car to have a few unique things about it. If nothing else it can perhaps server as a number for track days (although pretty sure it will be too small)
I don't own my car for other people's understanding I own it and do things for my own enjoyment and you of all people have started to figure out I dont really jump on bandwagons...

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
If nothing else it can perhaps server as a number for track days (although pretty sure it will be too small)

You are correct, way too small for a track day. For the most part for open track events, you will need numbers on both sides of the car at least 8" high with 1.5" strokes and in contrasting color to car's paint. Stroke is the width of the line of the number itself, not the complete width of the number.

A corner worker has to be able to easily see your car number as your scream by at 15mph or 150mph.

-Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread