Saleen Hood Knockoff?

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
I've been looking around for a S-281 or S-281E hood for both my Cobra and Saleen. The actual Saleen hood is way to expensive for me to consider purchasing it. Does anyone know of a company that sells this hood as a knockoff any cheaper?

Thanks,
Razor.:beer:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
what happened to maintaining the sleeper look you talk about on your site? I like your car so much the way it is, only peopl who know what to look for can tell it's dropped and such...:shrug:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
what happened to maintaining the sleeper look you talk about on your site? I like your car so much the way it is, only peopl who know what to look for can tell it's dropped and such...:shrug:

Well between the exhaust being obnoxious and a healthy blower whine, I think the secret is out once you hear it.:lol: Actually I'm getting a bit bored with the appearance of the car. It's starting to look like every other mustang on the road now. I'm starting to see everyone with 03 cobra wheels, a Cobra R or cowl hood and some type of wing. I feel the need to get a bit creative to further distance myself from the crowd.

I'm thinking of throwing on a set of Bogart road race wheels custom made for my car, a Saleen S-281E hood, 03 side scoops, a steeda wing, and some ghost flames. I may possibly even add some pearl to the true blue factory color and have the whole car redone along with the subtle ghost flames. I dunno right now it's simply a thought in my head. Although the Vortech was too at one time.;-)

Razor.

01SVT2894

Established Member
Originally posted by akatherazor4
I've been looking around for a S-281 or S-281E hood for both my Cobra and Saleen. The actual Saleen hood is way to expensive for me to consider purchasing it. Does anyone know of a company that sells this hood as a knockoff any cheaper?

Thanks,
Razor.:beer:
hey, i've been looking for that hood since i April of last year. i dont think anyone makes it, but you can bet that when they do, i'll own one. let me know if you find one.

Users who are viewing this thread