Saleen Focus

slo-GT

Established Member
How fast is the new Saleen Focus? I seen one in town the other day.....i've never even heard of one.......just wondering if anyone knew some info about them?
thanks

RabidMongoos3

Established Member
A) They're not new.

B) They come with a nitrous bottle stock, but the main line is not hooked up and the bottle is empty and the second Saleen finds out you filled the bottle or hooked up the main line your warranty is void.

C) They are not fast. I think they have something like 150 horsepower, but with all that heavy Saleen body crap tacked on, it goes nowhere in a hurry. My stock SVT took one out a while ago.

P.S.- They're fugly. :xpl:

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
SVT is all around better, unless you're looking for a new car. But if I was, it wouldn't be a Focus anymore anyway. Ford is stupid for discontinuing the SVTF.

OrangeSVTguy

SVT Addict
Established Member
yeah there's not more then just a body kit and NOS. just a 50 shot anyways. but thier website says it will do mid 14s witht the spray compared with mid/high 16s without it. it is a nice widebody kit imo.

wjrountree

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
All saleen foci weren't offered with the N20. There were two models one with the nos bottle/plumbing and one without. The differences are in the exterior in the form of a body kit and rims, the exhaust(which is magnaflow with a dual tip center exit..fugly as hell), and the interior/badging(all leather similar to the EAP equipped SVT's) They also had a strut tower brace. But all that doesnt change the fact that they still had drum brakes on the rear and were slow as hell unless you had the nos.

wjrountree

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Drum brakes are basically old skool....but they are also a cost saving measure. Pretty much Saleen took the cheapest focus you could get their hands on and added a body kit, interior, exhaust, rims, and N2O and called it fast. But to answer the question originally asked.......a Saleen Focus with the on the spray will run about a 14.2 with a good driver.

RabidMongoos3

Established Member
wjrountree said:
Drum brakes are basically old skool....but they are also a cost saving measure. Pretty much Saleen took the cheapest focus you could get their hands on and added a body kit, interior, exhaust, rims, and N2O and called it fast. But to answer the question originally asked.......a Saleen Focus with the on the spray will run about a 14.2 with a good driver.
voiding warranties at the speed of nothing...

Users who are viewing this thread