Saleen converaion on my cobra (possibly) questions?

stangbanger856

Established Member
I have had my cobra for almost 2 years now and love it. Prior to this SN95 I had a 98 Cobra vert that had the full Saleen conversion on it (right down to the optional carbon fiber trim). Needless to say I loved that car, unfortunately due to my age and lack of a well paying job I was unable to keep up with the maintenance on a car that old and 110,000+ miles it had. So I sold it...Fast forward almost 10 years and now with a well paying job and a car that's paid off I find myself wanting to convert this one over as well.

I have looked into companies that sell the full Saleen kit and have heard the Stage 3 Motorsports is the way to go. Does anyone have their Saleen kit or parts on theirs? If so can you post pics?

Next is the hood and I have only found one place that make it. ABC EXCLUSIVE and its under the SLN800 tag. Does anyone have this hood? How is the fit? Pics?

Next is the graphics, on my 98 vert I did the conversion 100% it had the side stripes and Saleen lettering and windshield banner. I left the Cobra badges and later found out it would of been 1 of 22 if it was built by Saleen. Should I go this way again? The lettering just seem to set it off in my eyes.

Ill post up some pictures of my 98 that had the conversion on it soon.

D9D848AE-orig_zps38de9c5f.jpg

20974E97-orig_zps4c2b9e62.jpg

62590229-orig_zpsa8e867de.jpg

172C29AB-orig_zps9495d7cf.jpg

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
People frown upon fake clones with lettering/badging. It's your car and stage 3 ms is legit.

Kiohtee

Established Member
The stripes (to me) bring it all together.

That's not his point... He's basically voting against the idea. You won't find many people here who will support falsely badging/lettering your car, regardless if it's a Cobra or not.

And that includes me. So no.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
People frown upon fake clones with lettering/badging. It's your car and stage 3 ms is legit.

That's not his point... He's basically voting against the idea. You won't find many people here who will support falsely badging/lettering your car, regardless if it's a Cobra or not.

And that includes me. So no.

Who cares, it's not like a V6. Cobras really aren't the rarest breed either. I say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread