sale/trade NJ: ported C heads just back from machine shop

95PGTTech

Established Member
Lorenzo's Fast Flow
5 angle competition valve job, hot tanked, all three surfaces decked, installed new valve stem seals, chopped the intake valve guides out of the port, ported the bowls intake and exhaust, and smoothed out the short side radius on both sides.
brand new ford valve stem seals installed.

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

$1200 + shipping sold outright
$1000 + shipping trade for stock 99+ heads (bare)
$750 + shipping trade for stock 99+ heads (bare, valve job, hot tanked)

these are just too much head for my setup. I just wanted a valve job, hot tank and we had a miscommunication and the shop ported them too. I have a stock everything else motor with bolt ons. it would really be a waste for me to put these in without a short runner intake and cams and high compression pistons. I am really looking to trade for someone with stock heads so I can get them valve job and hot tank or someone who already had them done.

if you get pricing on porting modular heads this is a steal at this price.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Damn, that is a good deal....

Definitely. Usually this kind of work is $2000 from Lorenzo plus the initial cost of the heads. Due to a friend reference and me being very flexible on time and then this miscommunication issue, I was able to get a discount but it was still extremely pricey. I just don't have the money to do a full tilt build (rods, pistons, machine work, head studs, etc). The money I generate from the sale/trade will get my car on the road this summer which is the important part. It's honestly a waste for me to have these awesome heads on a stock bottom end, stock cams degree'd in, stock valvetrain, stock C intake manifold, throttle body.

95PGTTech

Established Member
PMs replied to all.

I forgot to add that Lorenzo put my brand new Ford valve stems in the heads when he did the work, I do not have that tool so he did it for me. He is an extremely accomplished engine guy and does great work with both pushrod and modular stuff.

Also, to be fair, a list of stuff I would be willing to trade for:
C-head stuff:
1. coolant crossover (with sensors bonus)
2. upper intake manifold only (with sensors bonus, Cobra bonus)
3. C head P/S reservior bracket and reservior (possibly need)

fuel pump for 98 Cobra (255+)
FRPP 4.10 gearset (8.8)
03-04 IRS (have SRA + upgrades to swap)

98 Cobra shifter surround
gauge cluster surround
fog light switch (mint)
upper steering shroud
98GT gauge cluster (working)

If you are local to me, I would also trade for professional TIG welding or powdercoat services (bring parts to you). Any items to trade locally if you need installed I can do that.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
there seems to be quite a bit of interest if the heads would be assembled, so here goes. as it sits above, this is a bare head for bare head trade. the heads need to be exchanged with cam caps, with oil galley plugs and water jacket freeze plugs.

back cut valves (hot tanked). complete stock set, this was a $250 service. I was planning on keeping these and when trading just get a valve job on the new heads and put these valves in. but a lot of people on here don't know how, don't have the tool, or don't want to disassemble theirs.

I will include these valves, installed (valves, springs, retainers, keepers) for an additional $300 on top of any of the prices listed above. I think that's pretty fair for the time invested, the fact that to tool is $160, and the fact that I really don't want to give up this good set of valves and have to get another done. if you'd like to go this route, you need to ship your heads to me in the same shape (heads, cam caps, oil and water plugs, valves, retainers, keepers).

Friday007-1.jpg

Friday008-1.jpg

Friday009-1.jpg

Friday010-1.jpg

Friday006-1.jpg

Last edited:

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
Great timing, I'm actually getting ready to do my stroker 5.0 motor with FR500 cams and need my heads ported, but this might be the way to go!

Do you have any flow specs for the heads at all? If its too much for your build, it might be just right for my stroker/cammed 5.0!

EDIT : Are these for stock-size valvetrain parts?

And I could send back my stockers if needed :)

LMK!!

Eric

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Eric, I was verbally told 300+ cfm @ .450 lift, which is believable, and this guy has a reputation around these parts for 5.0 and 4.6 performance, but nothing was ever put in my hand.

These are set up for stock sized valvetrain parts. It sounds like you'd be good with what you intend to use these for with those cams and a good set of valve springs. As these are my only set of heads, whatever option you would like me to send them as I would need back.

95PGTTech

Established Member
my how quickly 'interest' dries up once people get shipped prices, my paypal information, trade details, etc. :rollseyes
please don't waste my time if you're not actually serious about buying this item

Last edited:

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I was gone hiking/camping from Fri night to Sun night, and after hiking damn near 20 miles, I was tired and went straight to bed Sun night

Some of us ARE interested and DO have cash in hand, after having to part out their other stang in order to fix the other one :(

I've sold a ton of stuff, mostly on Corral, and I can see you have too on here by your iTrader rating, I'm sure you know by now that when you sell stuff you are gonna have a TON of looky loo's!

How much is shipping for these suckers to 92324?

Eric

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Just heads:
two boxes
37lbs.
24*12*8
UPS ground - 122.52 for the two boxes (insuring them at $1100 a piece was only an extra $15...worth it to me).

if you want the other stuff it fits in a flat rate priority large box ($14.50 + $.70 tracking + whatever insurance is a few bucks).

I'm sorry that I sounded a bit harsh it seems like it's just getting worse and worse lately if you've tried to sell parts as of late you know what I mean. just trying to get my car on the road. if you're serious about the heads and ready to pull the trigger I'll eat the shipping on my end and I can get them in the mail tomorrow (tuesday) or friday guaranteed. I might even be able to get them out wed or thurs as they are now at my apartment with me.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Tuesday morning bump. I'll PM those that haven't gotten back to me tonight to see if they're still interested.

All prices are OBO guys. If we're close on pricing I'll make a deal to get these gone, I really need to finish up the car the nice weather is on its way. This is already a hell of a deal.

With the exception of valve springs, these heads are very comparable to Livernois Stage 2 4v heads ($2799.99 plus shipping!).
New - Livernois Motorsports - CNC Stage 2 Ford 4.6L 4-Valve Cylinder Heads

Someone buy these up before I find myself a deal on rods/pistons around here and put a second stage on the car.

I AM VERY OPEN TO TRADES. Obviously this is going to be a trade + cash type deal but I am really looking for parts to finish the car. See the list above or just list what you have the worst I can do is say no.

Users who are viewing this thread