Said goodbye to the Shelby!

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
Well fellas... it was a fun ride, but i'm taking a break from the Cobra scene for a bit! Been in them since 98! Love the ride, but was just not getting the use out of it and figured it was time to move on and put the $$ to better use! lol

i'll still be hanging around to see what you guys are up to...

enjoy the company and the group of good guys/resources we've all contributed over the years here!

stripped her back stock prior to jumping ship... so have some stuff for sale in the market if you guys are looking for parts!

thanks for the fun times and good conversations! :coolman:

norcalcobra

Established Member
I'm thinking about the same thing. I've always had a cobra since 2000. Started with a 96, two 04s and now the 14. The thought of selling and moving on keeps creeping into my head, then i go for a drive and the thought disappears. But is someone mad a decent offer, just might...

jream

Established Member
You can't just leave us with no explanation, you at least owe us that.

lol

honestly the main reason was simply wasn't driving it enough to justify what i was paying for it! it sat in the garage most of the time... and figured i could put the $ to better use instead of a garage queen...

didn't drive it in the rain... and florida that's 50/50 all the time...

didn't like driving it to work because no matter how far out i park, some idiot ALWAYS wants to squeeze right up next to me!

so figured it would be best to save some cash each month on the payment... def miss the car! been the best out of the 4 versions i've had since 98!

Blackdevil77

Established Member
lol

honestly the main reason was simply wasn't driving it enough to justify what i was paying for it! it sat in the garage most of the time... and figured i could put the $ to better use instead of a garage queen...

didn't drive it in the rain... and florida that's 50/50 all the time...

didn't like driving it to work because no matter how far out i park, some idiot ALWAYS wants to squeeze right up next to me!

so figured it would be best to save some cash each month on the payment... def miss the car! been the best out of the 4 versions i've had since 98!

I probably drive mine less than you did. I live in NY and only drive it on warm, sunny days when I'm NOT at work. That's about 3 days a year. Half the year is freezing and snowing, the first half of the summer rains every day, and the 2nd half of the summer, people crash into it. Then I get it back first snow of the season, and back in the garage it goes. This is how it's been with every nice car I've ever owned.

paluka21

Established Member
I probably drive mine less than you did. I live in NY and only drive it on warm, sunny days when I'm NOT at work. That's about 3 days a year. Half the year is freezing and snowing, the first half of the summer rains every day, and the 2nd half of the summer, people crash into it. Then I get it back first snow of the season, and back in the garage it goes. This is how it's been with every nice car I've ever owned.

Ever considering leaving the NY area into an area where you can enjoy your car more?

ThomasL

Established Member
Florida does kinda suck if you wanna enjoy the car daily with a tire that can handle the power. Mine spends most of the year in a garage because 800rwhp and a drag radial don't do well in the rain. And it rains all the effing time. I've had to white knuckle on 15 inch mickey pros and it was terrible.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I've realized that having this car isn't about driving it as much as it is to show where I've been in my life and how much I love cars. I go in and out of my house through the garage just to see it everyday. It took a lot of very hard work to get where I am and to get that car. I could trade it for something newer or put the money into something that doesn't loose coin every day I own it, but to me owning a piece of collectable art, with a history like Shelbys is more valuable than money. That's my 2 cents (no pun intended)

jream

Established Member
Florida does kinda suck if you wanna enjoy the car daily with a tire that can handle the power. Mine spends most of the year in a garage because 800rwhp and a drag radial don't do well in the rain. And it rains all the effing time. I've had to white knuckle on 15 inch mickey pros and it was terrible.

yup.... the rain was always a big issue... the stock good years were icy in the rain! then coupled w/ a lot of the idiots in FL can't drive in dry roads, let alone on wet... so fear factor of getting slammed into was always no fun.

I've realized that having this car isn't about driving it as much as it is to show where I've been in my life and how much I love cars. I go in and out of my house through the garage just to see it everyday. It took a lot of very hard work to get where I am and to get that car. I could trade it for something newer or put the money into something that doesn't loose coin every day I own it, but to me owning a piece of collectable art, with a history like Shelbys is more valuable than money. That's my 2 cents (no pun intended)

oh i agree... that realistically is what it became... just looking at it more than driving it! lol

Users who are viewing this thread