Safest time to eat and drink in Mexico?

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Its like playing Russian roulette when traveling to Mexico.....lol. If you don't die or get sick from tainted alcohol you can easily pick up Hepatitis like a friend of mine did on his honeymoon or simply catch some Montezuma's revenge which happens to many people. I have always passed on vacationing in Mexico. There are so many other nice places to see down there like the Caribbean, Aruba and the Cayman Islands.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I didn't know people went there. I thought they all were running to get away from it

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I got Montezuma's revenge the one and only time I went to Mexico. I do have to say that all the food I had down there was good though. Me and a co-worker were walking around San Luis Potosi and I felt like I was in a third world country. Probably shouldnt have been walking around but oh well.

Monterrey was a whole nother story.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
My brother and his wife just got back from their honeymoon there. They loved it.

nxhappy

Established Member
mexico has gotten much worse over the years I used to go a lot....and people should definitely stay away right now too much shit going on

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Living in AZ, I go down there once every summer. More shady each time, but still fun.

Famine

Established Member
I loved cancun. Got married there and find it very sad that this happens. I lucked out. I stayed at an all inclusive resort as well. Sucks because its such a good deal financially. I guess ill have to go on a cruise instead.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
It's funny seeing Americans live up to their stereotype of being afraid to travel. I'll take touristy Mexico over parts of Chicago, LA, NYC, Baltimore, etc. I've been to Playa del Carmen, and walked through non touristy parts, rode local buses down to Tulum, etc. I never once felt unsafe. I could get robbed/shot just the same there as walking in a parking garage late at night here in Florida.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
We got married in Riviera Maya back in 2012 and just spent a week there last year for a friends wedding, we didn't die.

Probably won't be going back, it's not that we're afraid, it's just there's other resorts/places we want to see.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
You couldn't pay me to go to Mexico nor eat or drink anything coming from that country including women and alcohol.

Coiled03

Established Member
It's funny seeing Americans live up to their stereotype of being afraid to travel. I'll take touristy Mexico over parts of Chicago, LA, NYC, Baltimore, etc.

So, you're comparing the diamond in the rough resorts of Mexico to the worst parts of the big cities here? Seems legit.

How about we compare the worst of each to each other. I'm not sure either would "win" that.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
It's funny seeing Americans live up to their stereotype of being afraid to travel. I

Fear has nothing to do with it. At least to me it doesn't because I have extreme reservations going to a country that has so many of its own citizens leaving it. If things were such cupcakes and daisies they wouldn't be doing whatever it takes (illegally and stupid) to get out of there.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've been down there plenty of times, never had a problem. Going back late next year.

I always stay at the nicer resorts, drink name brand stuff and stick with bottled water.

The resorts rely on American money and know how easily the American's can scare, so they take extra precautions to make sure they do right by their customers. Years ago my dad ended up asking a guy about their water at the resort and the dude was so confident, he took us on a tour to show us the filtration and reverse osmosis systems the resort was using. They still had bottled water everywhere though.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Mexico, North Korea and Russia, among the entire middle east, are all places I have no desire to visit nor could you pay me to. You can couple Chicago and any other slum city in that list as well.

nxhappy

Established Member
basically everyone i know has gotten very sick in mexico including myself. it's just the gamble you take. and staying at a top notch resort doesn't mean shit, no pun intended. only place i like to go is cabo san lucas. ...have not been to cancun.

Users who are viewing this thread