Safest Nitrous Kit?

19984V

Established Member
My car has 144k miles but runs strong. I want a COMPLETE kit that has a window switch.

I would like a 75 maybe a 100 shot.

If this is stupid, please tell me. Anyways curious as to how you guys would set this up.

Thanks.

* Also, my best run is 13.87 at 102, what can i somewhat guestimate my 1/4 to be with a 75, 100?*

Btw, atm my car puts down 291rwhp.
Mods are: (if they matter)

IMRC Deletes
JLT CAI
4.10s
O/R Bassani X
Steeda UD Pulley
Subframes, MGW shifter, Spec st2, M/T Street ETS, and its tuned.

Last edited:

19Mystic96

Established Member
My car has 144k miles but runs strong. I want a COMPLETE kit that has a window switch.

I would like a 75 maybe a 100 shot.

If this is stupid, please tell me. Anyways curious as to how you guys would set this up.

Thanks.

* Also, my best run is 13.87 at 102, what can i somewhat guestimate my 1/4 to be with a 75, 100?*

Btw, atm my car puts down 291rwhp.
Mods are: (if they matter)

IMRC Deletes
JLT CAI
4.10s
O/R Bassani X
Steeda UD Pulley
Subframes, MGW shifter, Spec st2, M/T Street ETS, and its tuned.

not be a dick, but with those times and mods i think you need to get more of a driver mod.... i ran 13.2 with 3.73s and exhaust on street tires... then went 12.5 with 4.30s and stickies....

butttttttt, im in the same boat as you with the spray... ive got similar mileage and want to know if i should spray the car....

19984V

Established Member
Yes, im not the best driver out there but the tracks here aren't prepped near as well as they should be. I would break loose at the top of every gear plus my runs were in the dead heat of the summer. 90º+

Ive had my eyes on ZEX but also on Nitrous Express.

Do you think my motor can handle it?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Yes, im not the best driver out there but the tracks here aren't prepped near as well as they should be. I would break loose at the top of every gear plus my runs were in the dead heat of the summer. 90º+

Ive had my eyes on ZEX but also on Nitrous Express.

Do you think my motor can handle it?

60 foot and traction play a big part. I could only muster a 13.90 at 105 with my stock tires and 3.27's, they were spining shifting into second gear, tires are a big part of getting a car to have good times. So if your gonna do nitous just make sure you have good tires, not everyone ants to slip the hell outta thier clutch to get the best 60ft. tires are an easy mod to lower the 60 ft and your overall time.

19984V

Established Member
Its amazing the difference Street ETS make. The 13.87 was on street tires, im waiting for the track to open to test out out the MTS. On there street there is a HUGE difference. I think im going to go with zex and if i blow my motor oh well. Ive been looking for an excuse to buy an MMR shortblock =)

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
MIne has 135,000 and I just put in a Dynotune nitrous kit, Dynotune bottle heater, and their window switch. Works good so far- had it jetted for a 75 shot but today I put in a 255 Walbro and the 100 jets. Just make sure if you decide to run nitrous that you put in NGK TR6 spark plugs gapped to about .035", put in a fuel filter at the minimum, and I shift mine a little earlier (about 63 or 6400) to prevent valve float.

I will tell you something though. Before I put nitrous on my car, I did a compression test. Every cylinder was about 155-170, but one was only 125. I decided to spray it anyway, and after just a few runs on the spray the compression in that bad cylinder went up to 145. THe nitrous/ gas mixture is cleaning the valves.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
if you can run a compression check, that can atleast give you an idea on how your motor is holding up.

Just take it slow, dont rush getting into Nitrous. Newbies think nitrous is just a open the bottle and hit the gas type deal. Read as much as you can on it

19984V

Established Member
I admit i am a complete noob when it comes to nitrous, luckily I have a very good tuner that will install everything correctly.

I do however respect my car, I have always been opposed to nitrous but right now I'm just looking to go faster and don't have the cash to buy a blower so well see what happens :)

I have pretty much narrowed it down to nitrous express. The kit is about 1000$ and i will be purchasing the A/F shutdown switch as well

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Its safe if you do it right. You'll be adding about 100 more lb/ft of torque, so dont be mad if the stock clutch or rear don't hold up. Nitrous is safe if done right... read read read

19984V

Established Member
Spec st2 should hold it, if anything goes it'll be my driveshaft. Gives me and excuse to buy a better one :)

19Mystic96

Established Member
Do a search on nitrous in here.. There's a bunch of good threads about nitrous and what you might need for a safe experience..

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Buy a Zex kit, then buy any window switch you want. I recommend the Zex or the Dynotune Nitrous one.

+1 on the zex kit. It's really safe and with their window switch it makes it even safer. Have you thought about adding some LCA's? It's just a thought. With your set up I would think that you would be at around a 12.5 to 12.9. Depending on how well you take it down the track. Good luck and have fun:banana:

Al

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
+1 on the zex kit. It's really safe and with their window switch it makes it even safer. Have you thought about adding some LCA's? It's just a thought. With your set up I would think that you would be at around a 12.5 to 12.9. Depending on how well you take it down the track. Good luck and have fun:banana:

Al

I love your sig pic.. pulling a tire. I want to try to yank the front wheel just an inch or so on mine this year. IDK if it'll happen with my Nittos though- we will see. I just think that's a sweet picture :rockon:

19984V

Established Member
Yeah, i really do need to get some LCAs, have a recommendation?

I have left my suspension stock because I have heard lowering it can actually screw your 60' time a little.

19Mystic96

Established Member

I have left my suspension stock because I have heard lowering it can actually screw your 60' time a little.

get some Maximum motorsports LCAs.. those are some of the best..

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
I love your sig pic.. pulling a tire. I want to try to yank the front wheel just an inch or so on mine this year. IDK if it'll happen with my Nittos though- we will see. I just think that's a sweet picture :rockon:
thanks bro:banana:

If you have the cash, go with MM without a doubt. However if you want to save a few dollars go with UPR. I've had them for a while and they worked great!

Users who are viewing this thread