Safe to drive to tuner?

mason979

Established Member
Okay guys so I've got a few mods in the mail that I plan on installing this weekend. I want to know if it will be safe to drive my car to the tuner with the mods I'm putting on though.

I will be installing a stage 5 steg ported blower with matching throttle body and plenum. It has a 2.8 upper pulley with stock lower for now. I'll also be putting on a JLT RAI and Bassani catted X-pipe with Flowmaster Catback.

I've got 80lb injectors, BAP, and MAFia also but i will wait until I am at the tuner to install those as long as the above mods are okay to drive with for just a few days. Assuming I completely avoid boost.

I understand this is probably a stupid question to many of you, but I don't know everything about how the computer will react to the increase in airflow. Can someone with some knowledge share some for me? Thanks in advance guys.

Edit: car is an '04 cobra btw sorry.

Edit #2: my goal for the the car right now is 500whp. Do you think I can make that with this setup on 93 octane? In the next few months I plan on getting it setup for e85 but for now all I can run is 93. Also, are the 80lb injectors overkill? Should I just stick with the stock 39lb injectors. Sorry for all of the questions just want to do everything right the first time.

Last edited:

mason979

Established Member
you can never have too much injector lol
That was my thought process while buying them but I've had a few people tell me it's overkill and drivability won't be as good. Drivability is a big deal to me so I don't know.

cj428mach

Established Member
I would avoid 80s unless you plan to go e85 later as 60s can do what you need and will tune better

Users who are viewing this thread