safe hp zone 2012 gt500

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqil

Established Member
whats the safe hp for stock 2011 shelby gt500 how much hp can it take safely?

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Isn't the max octane in India about 90 (AKI) and the quality very spotting in the rural areas? Do they still sell Speed 97 (about 92 Octane US)? If so, that is all you will be able to run if that is actually what they are selling you... The Speed 93 is only about 88 octane...good luck with that and 700hp. Fuel is going to play a big part in the reliability of a GT500 once you start to mod. One bad tank could be the end of your motor. Can't say I'd trust a 700hp tune car with gas quality in India what it is. Not to mention the air quality...make sure you order several Amsoil EA air filters and oil filters.

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
And the '07-'10 iron block's safety zone for hp would be....?

A Super Snake conversion for the '11 states it can make near 800. That makes me nervous, though.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
block is never the issue............ it's the rods and pistons

VegasMichael

Established Member
No one knows AFAIK

Yeah I haven't heard different from anyone about that either. No one does know. I'm pulling the trigger this year on a GT500 and part of me is leaning toward an '07-'10 since I'd like to get mods done in the future that may supercede the aluminum block linings' "unknown" stress levels. Yet another part of me wants an '11 or '12 since it has more features. *throws up hands in confusion*

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
IMO - the block will hold up to big power, 1000 at least, the 4.6L blocks have shown how strong a alum block can be in a mod motor.

if I'm in your shoes..... I get the 11 or 12

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I thought it was more the rods then the pistons.

It is but at higher than than 800hp to the wheels the pistons become weak too. An the rods become the weak link at high 600 to 700hp.

aqil

Established Member
@evasive thank u for the advise, i dint know that 97octane here is 92 of us i mean how can octane rating differ anyway how much octane is safe for a shelby as toluene can be added with normal fuel to create more octane rating how high is safe , and the hp thing , am just looking for a free flow exhaust, ecu speed limiter off, dulal blade throttle body and a pulley upgrade(not sure if i shud get the pulley upgrade) that is all i am looking for...and i am just curious how do you know so much about indian octane ratings

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
It is the RPM that limits the HP not necessarily the rods and pistons. You can blow a stock motor you turn it high enough. The rods cant take the high rpms. The pistons can only take so much boost. Say you can make 800rwhp at a crazy number like 6,000 rpm with 18lbs. That motor would live longer than a motor making 700rwhp with say 16lbs of boost at 7,200 rpm if you get my drift so to speak

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
It is the RPM that limits the HP not necessarily the rods and pistons. You can blow a stock motor you turn it high enough. The rods cant take the high rpms. The pistons can only take so much boost. Say you can make 800rwhp at a crazy number like 6,000 rpm with 18lbs. That motor would live longer than a motor making 700rwhp with say 16lbs of boost at 7,200 rpm if you get my drift so to speak

A very valid point! I've read plenty of folks making over 800 at the wheels. But the R ' s were under 6400. With plenty of passes and NO issues

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
@evasive thank u for the advise, i dint know that 97octane here is 92 of us i mean how can octane rating differ

Read one of the links I posted - different countries measure octane ratings in a different fashion. If a US tuner makes you a 91 Octane tune, that is based on the US measurement which means you can't go to a pump in India, get 92, and call it good. You need to do the conversion so you don't blow your motor from detonation.

aqil

Established Member
@evasive, you seem very helpful , next year around march 2012 i will ask you for any preventive measures and your advise before boarding the flight to usa to buy my 2012 gt500, and i checked with a guy who has lp640, aston martin bentley and many many more cars about where to get the fuel he said it can be ordered otherwise u cant find good quality at the regular pumps here so fuel is no problem,,,i ll ask you which octane rating to use etc and many more things when i am about to buy the car , because right now it ll be waste of time, thanks you are a very nice guy, people here in india are idiots(most of them) and really selfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread