safe 800 rwhp with add ons only

Micho2011

Established Member
is a safe 800 rwhp possible without building engine, just with add ons? I have vmp tvs, 2.4 pulley, 90 mm idler vmp elbow, what would i need to add to this to make 800 rwhp?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a crap shoot at about 700 and above on pump gas. I blew a head gasket on mine at 700. I'm now going built.

JimIII@jdm

Full Exhaust, Big Throttle body, 10% Overdrive Balancer pulley, Super Stock Cams, and a good custom tune would have you close to your goals. 800 RWHP is asking alot out of the stock engine for daily use. The TVS too, your better off going with a Whipple 3.4 or 4.0 blower.

JimIII

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
You can make 800 safely on the stock motor with race gas. Pump gas is going to be like Russian Roulette. You'll be spinning that TVS a lot harder than it wants to go too, go for a bigger blower over 700.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Well .....I'm doing this very test thursday with a completely stock motor. 2.4 " upper and 15% lower..ported vmp tvs and as big a tb you can go and as free flowing a exhaust you can get...on race gas. My street tune makes 755 rwhp ( 4030lb race weight / 133.90 mph) with tge additional boost and blower porting hoping to see 800+hp mph at the track....ill never see 800 on the dyno I use (mustang dyno) unless I go to the big twin screw offerings.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yeah the only safe way is race gas but even better than that is E85

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the only safe way is race gas but even better than that is E85

Race gas will always be the best, most consistent fuel source. Anything from the pump will be different every time you pump it.

I melted 3 pistons on pump gas, Sunoco 110 leaded is the only thing that has been in my tank since I got it back together. I'm getting tuned on that this weekend and then that's the only fuel I will run. No more hoping and praying that the 93 I'm getting out of the pump is the same 93 that I got last time.

Users who are viewing this thread