SAD...Time to sell- 2003 Built, Procharged, & Loved 2003 Mach w/25k

machofmanhattan

Established Member
With the recent 2008 Z06 addition, and our first child due in April, I can't justify having the Mach in the garage anymore. I have owned this car since 2008 (a good friend bought it for a bit- didn't drive it, and then I bought it back last year). This car has been modified with only the best. It places or wins at just about every show it goes to. Mileage is ~25k. Always garaged, Zaino'd and meticulously maintained. I've ran Amsoil Signature series and Dominator (racing) oil in it the whole time I've owned it. Located in Dolores, CO (Southwestern Colorado). The car has about 6,000 on the built motor. No issues whatsoever, the things just RUNS.

The car is currently running a 3.85 pulley on the D1 head unit. I also have a 3.70 but was getting belt slip - a Thump RRR tensioner would do the trick. Since I don't live close to any shops, I had Eric Brooks of Custom Tuning for Ford | GM | Dodge - Brooks Speed do several remote tunes on the car. It should be ~500 at the wheels with the 3.85, probably 530ish with the 3.70 (what the car was tuned on). Prior to the engine build, on the stock longblock it made 492 at the wheels with a 4.10" pulley.

Being the weather hasn't cooperated in Colorado recently I don't have any great recent shots- but will be getting some soon. Please see below for the entire spec sheet followed by pictures.

I am in NO rush to sell this car- if it can't get what I'm looking for I will just try again in the spring. So please no low ball offers.

ASKING PRICE: 18,500 (with True Forged Victories) or 18,000 without (Need stock or replacement wheels and tires)

PM, Email (for fastest response) [email protected], or call / text me (970) 749-8230

Thanks!
-Rex R

2003 Mach build sheet (to the best of my memory)

Motor:
4.6 DOHC Built by House of Boost ( - House of Boost :: We Make Fast Stuff Faster® - (Powered by CubeCart) )
Diamond Forged dished pistons (~9.5:1 comp)
Manley Forged H beam rods
Stock aluminum block bored .020 over
Clevite main bearings
Melling oil pump
All ARP assembly hardware
Ported and powdercoated 01 cobra upper & lower intake manifold
Roy’s intake spacer

Exhaust:
SLP Longtube Headers
SLP Catted X pipe
Magnaflow Magnapack catback
SLP tips

Power Adder:
Procharger D1SC with both 3.85 (installed) & 3.70 pulleys (included)
Sheetmetal 3 core (LARGE) intercooler
Polished head unit, bracket, and inlet pipe
Diablo MAFia
currently ~12psi (maybe 13 at sea level) (3.85 pulley)
SCT Xcal3 tuned by Brook Speed / Eric Brooks

Fuel System:
Siemens 60lb injectors
Stock tank modified with Dual cobra pumps
Kenne Bell Boost a pump 40amp

Rear End:
FRPP 4.10 gears
Moser hardened 28 spline axles

Wheels:
True Forged Victory wheels (18x9, 18x10)
Big Brake cut up front
Deep Dish (4.5" lip) rears

Tires:
265/35/18 Cooper fronts 65-70% remaining
315/35/18 Toyo Drag Radials 20-30% remaining

Suspension:
Hans Racecraft Full length subframes
Stangsuspension adjustable lower control arms
Stangsuspension upper control arms spherical bushings
Lakewood 70/30 struts
Strange adjustable rear drag shocks
Stock springs cut ~1.75”
MM Caster Camber plates
Hans Racecraft rear shock tower brace

Drivetrain:
MGW orange shifter
FRPP aluminum driveshaft
Lakewood driveshaft safety loop

Exterior:
30% tint
Gloss custom hood stripe
03 cobra front bumper
03 cobra sideskirts
shorty antenna
gloss black rear spoiler
lowered 1.5"-1.75"
MUSTANG rear bumper inserts

Interior:
Sony Touchscreen DVD/MP3/Bluetooth Head unit
Speed of sound dual A pillar
Autometer Boost gauge
AEM Wideband
Raptor shift light
MGW interior knobs, shift knob, etc
Custom Mach 1 rear seat delete
grandesignmats Mach 1 rear trunk mat

Motor dress-up:
Powdercoated (red) valve covers)
Polished head unit, piping, etc
MGW covers, oil cap, etc
Powdercoated (gloss black) shaker
Ford Racing coil covers
Steeda radiator cover
MOROSO power steering & coolant over flow tanks
UPR Battery tie down
Misc other dress up items

PICS

MachYeah_zps013a24db.jpg

mach2_zps4ac03e72.jpg

photo24_zpsbbf5cc3d.jpg

photo23_zps26110d8e.jpg

photo21_zpse6730d5a.jpg

Last edited:

machofmanhattan

Established Member

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
GLWS bud. Looks like a fine specimen! Hold out, you'll get your money from someone that appreciates the car, no doubt!

- Jesse

machofmanhattan

Established Member
Thanks 2L8IWON! Had some decent interest for how little I've put into advertising it thus far. I'm thinking it will move pretty quick come Spring.

Kryo- it would take me 5 minutes to put the rear seat back in. Let me know!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Thanks 2L8IWON! Had some decent interest for how little I've put into advertising it thus far. I'm thinking it will move pretty quick come Spring.

Kryo- it would take me 5 minutes to put the rear seat back in. Let me know!

I have a few things coming up. Let me talk it over with the wife (Im married I dont get to make any rules), and I will keep you posted man.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Wouldnt mind some more specs on the motor, tranny etc. stock heads, cam etc? just built rotating assembly? Stock tranny or is there any work done to it? I see alot of viper or cobra swaps. What is the rough MPG on her, if I am allowed to pick her up id like to know what im getting into on the drive home (bad mpg dont bother me my lightning was like 9 mpg).
Any issues with the heat or A/C?
Any reason why she couldnt pull daily driver duty if needed? Reliability is a must, your elevation and mine are similar so the tune should be pretty much no worry. Was she tuned on 91 or E85? Will she run on E85 or was the fuel system not upgraded for E85?

I dont want to make any promises to you as the wife hold the bank book but more info helps me out :) And right now we are discussing another truck or a car.
As for the back seat I got two girls who would be with me from time to time so like I said the back seat is a must, ill take the delete for shows and what not.

machofmanhattan

Established Member
Wouldnt mind some more specs on the motor, tranny etc. stock heads, cam etc? just built rotating assembly? Stock tranny or is there any work done to it? I see alot of viper or cobra swaps. What is the rough MPG on her, if I am allowed to pick her up id like to know what im getting into on the drive home (bad mpg dont bother me my lightning was like 9 mpg).
Any issues with the heat or A/C?
Any reason why she couldnt pull daily driver duty if needed? Reliability is a must, your elevation and mine are similar so the tune should be pretty much no worry. Was she tuned on 91 or E85? Will she run on E85 or was the fuel system not upgraded for E85?

I dont want to make any promises to you as the wife hold the bank book but more info helps me out :) And right now we are discussing another truck or a car.
As for the back seat I got two girls who would be with me from time to time so like I said the back seat is a must, ill take the delete for shows and what not.

Hey Sorry for the delay Kryo. I will work on getting some new detail pics.

I completely understand how that goes with the wife and kids ;-)

The transmission is 100% stock. Clutch feels new. To be honest I rarely drive this car hard, have never had it to a strip since it was built, and...well honestly I don't drive it at all lol. THAT being said I see no reason why this car wouldn't be completely capable of being a daily driver other than its loud and has a pronounced S/C whine :burn:

When I built the motor it was just the bottom end & oil pump. I left the valvetrain 100% stock for driveability + the fact that Cam swaps in these DOHCs are borderline insane on the wallet.

MPG completely depends on how heavy the right foot is. The car actually does great with moderated highway driving. When I brought it back to Colorado it averaged 24-29mpg ranging between plains / mountain passes. I was shocked to get almost 30mpg out of a blown 500hp car but I was also driving it pretty conservatively. In town / stop & go is much worse...normally mid teens, but again depends on how heavy on the gas you are.

No issues with heat / AC.

I have no E85 stations around here so I never bothered to spend the time & money converting it- but it would be fun lol. Thanks again everyone :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread